✞ Jesus ✞

Hi y'all! :)

So, whew! It's been a while since I last visited here. Or wrote. Or...looked at Wattpad. But hey, I'm back! And this time, with Jesus!!!

*high fives with Jesus*

Okay, first of all, this may sound like rants, but not the really vulgar or mean stuff okay? Cause sometimes, we just get SO tired of these misconceptions; some of these leads to not treating us like our belief is serious and real. It even leads to disrespect and bullying :(

*In best impression of that lovely voice of Jesus* I come in peace!

I'm not here to be rude and mean to other people too, okay? If I do at some point, feel free to rebuke me. WITH LOVE OKAY?

LISTEN, I'M SOFT AND ANXIOUS, AND I JUST DON'T WANT TO GET HURT.

*clears throat*

So, to start off, here are a few misconceptions to start up this book!

*cue happy children cheering.mp3*

1.) "Jesus is always the answer/solution"

Cue in the tumblr posts, posting that test paper (obviously by someone who a.) hasn't studied, b) witty, but not enough to get a point) with ALL the answers written with 'Jesus'.

Uhm, whaaaaaatttt?

Okay, first of all, yes it is a vital point in Christianity that Jesus is the answer. But it ain't an excuse for you to use when you can't figure our the square root of the hamana-whatever!

Hamana-times must you do this?!?!

*ba-dum-tss*

Lol, ANYWAAAYYYYY

If you are guilty of this, well I admire your sense of humor, but that phrase isn't just the point itself. You can't just believe that Jesus is the answer literally, you have to act on your belief!

Say you're on top of the stairs. You want to get down. Of course, you won't say in your mind "I am GOING to get down these stairs" without actually doing it to get your goal! And no, you can't just say "Jesus has the solution!"

Unless "compelled to change its state by the action of an external force."

Or in other terms, get pushed by someone behind your back and go tumbling down the stairs, aaaannnddd possibly to your death. Now you'll really get to see your 'solution'.

Faith requires commited action (ooohhhh WOOOOWWWW, WAY TO BRING UP THEOLOGICAL TERMS NADINE, *forgive me, I just came from our Theology finals exams. shudder*). Because you believe in something, you're bound to do something out of inspiration from it.

And where does Jesus fit in this? He guides your actions, and does not determine them for you.

Remember he loves you so much, he didn't want you to feel like a puppet under control, nor a carefree soul without rules.

So, think twice in writing Jesus in bold as the answer to the x of your formulas.

*but lol, me earlier*

Me: *receives Theology exam paper* I got this, it's multiple choice anyways!

Test: *all items are Identification without choices*

Test Question #1: What is the Filipino theological term for the relationship between Man and God?

Me:

Me: *sweats*

Me: *writes* Jesus

+

2.) "Church is boring"

Okay, no.

Edna! You're doing a super job, but can ya please stop it for a moment?

*organ music stops playing*

Thank you!

(you don't get the reference? weeeellll, I hope you do *winks*)

Well, for those who grow up in Catholicism, I MEAN NO DISRESPECT or RUDENESS!

And no, Catholics aren't boring too.

It all depends on how you interact (???) with your faith; how you commit action to it. If your faith isn't as alive as you sounding like Mr. Bean singing "ALLELUYAAA" out loud, then there's your problem.

It's not the tradition, it's your faith.

And please don't assume Christianity is all just about religion, or statues and such! Some other branches of Christianity UNDER THE SAME GOD.

In my case, I am a Catholic by papers and birth, but now, by belief I am a protestant (or a born-again. NO I DID NOT COME CRAWLING BACK OUT MY MOM'S VAJAYJAY). I used to think Catholicism was a bad religion, and it should be eradicated at once.

But I saw how other Catholics were so passionate in praising God in their own way.

Sooo, why not?

And, ofc, the youth of this church is TURNT UP!

FOR JESUS! *sweats*

We have CEDM. (TURN UP THE MUSIC Y'ALL)

Ofc we all get hyped up too! Try listening to Hillsong Young and Free, that'll give you a gist of what I'm trying to say, and give that misconception of us being BORING a bIG, HARD

PRAYER AND LOVE AND AFFECTION

*sweats*

Oh and, expect seeing nuns or priests jumping up and down like a hyped hyena around.

Bc, whyyyy not?

+

Okay! That's all I got so far to warm up this book! I'm currently still studying for finals as I type. Feel free to comment and/or suggest a few misconceptions or Christian topics you'd like me to discuss or give my opinion about! I AM DESPERATE PLS.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy and take time to reflect on this. Remember, Jesus loves you! (I'm serious, he does)

- Nadine