Chapter Ten- Where The Lonely Ones Roam

Sulpicia and Cera had left her room and had made their way down the hall, Cera walking next to Sulpicia in silence. She had no idea what to say and frankly thought it would be rude of her to speak before Sulpicia did. Cera looked around as they walked in silent, the slight click of Sulpicia's heels against the tile although it sounded muffled because of the thick rugged carpet that stretched down the hall before them. 

  Sulpicia was the first to speak, a different edge to her tone than before. "Cera, what do you think of our home?" 

  The question caught Cera off guard and she looked to Sulpicia, trying to think of how she could word her response. "Its... beautiful here." Cera said honestly, she wasn't sure else what to say. She slowed her pace, watching Sulpicia walk to the balcony ahead of them and that was where she stopped. 

  With a tilt of her own head, Sulpicia smiled to herself. Although she had a bad feeling about the girl, she couldn't deny herself that deep down she felt a sudden curiosity about her. What it must be like to be something so... thrown together. Part vampire, part mutt... then part human. And then to have a power that could hurt your kind? All three of your kind? It must have been such a burden to think about for yourself. 

  Sulpicia glanced over her shoulder at the girl and sent a warm smile. And on top of that... to be wanted by the most powerful coven among vampires. Most vampires would have felt it was an honor to be so wanted, especially by the King... 

  Sulpicia tried to shake that last thought away and forced the cold expression that had took over her features to leave her face, replacing it with a warm expression. Now was not the time to let that coldness take over her. "Cera..." She began, her tone soft and comforting. "Come here." With a simple motion to the side of her, she heard Cera join her on the balcony. 

  "What do you see?" She asked her in the most simplest way. She noted how confused Cera seemed at first as she looked out at the garden, the rain was pouring down over the flowers and grounds. The horses made noise from the stables, obviously not liking the weather.

  "What do I... see?" Cera asked, making sure that is what Sulpicia really wanted to know.

  "Yes." Sulpicia looked forward, waiting on her answer. She was expecting Cera to say 'a garden' or 'the rain' but she did not. When Cera began to speak, Sulpicia became very intent on listening to her. 

  "I see.. freedom and entrapment. This place.. is so beautiful but it is also dangerous. The garden is... its breathtaking, gorgeous, but it only is something to appeal to trap someone. Its trapped me, I'm in awe and I can't simply leave it or this place without simply seeing it again. It lets me feel free, with the way it feels endless.. but then you can see the ending if you look hard enough, its like walls to keep you in." Cera finished, her voice shaking at the last sentence she had reached.

  This surprised Sulpicia, she hadn't heard of her home or even the garden be described in such a way and with the more she thought of it, she could see from Cera's perspective how it could seem that way. But she tried to not feel offended by the girl and her opinion, after all, she had asked her. 

  "You're very surprising, Cera." 

  "What do you see about your home?" Cera asked, catching Sulpicia off guard this time. She thought about it and a little smile played at her lips.

  "Well... my home is my castle, it is where I live with my husband, where he brought me after I was turned into a vampire. Its become a safe haven for me. But it can feel lonely at times..." Sulpicia went into thought and then turned herself to Cera, standing straighter and her whole demeanor changed to complete seriousness.

  "Cera I will not lie or pretend with you. You are young, but not young enough to where you will not understand this. You are... different from what my husband has ever seen and he will not easily want to let you go out of our sights. Your power is... I must admit, dangerous and overpowering. You overpower Jane, which I have not yet seen. Do not put this visit in your head that is will be over when you leave, cause it isn't over yet and it will never be over. I suggest... you meet me in the shadows, with the rest of us. Tell me what you found, come down to where the others fell and get lost in the dark to find yourself. Your true self.."

  Cera took a long moment to take in what Sulpicia had said, it made her suddenly tensed and nervous. Sulpicia on the other hand, only was thinking of Aro's best interest when she spoke these words to Cera. It made her feel more... uneasy, the more she thought about the meaning of Sulpicia's words. She felt a shiver go through her body, one she couldn't easily explain and she began to question if Aro's kindness was real because of Sulpicia's words. She started to doubt everyone's intentions, she began to doubt Sulpicia's reasons for speaking with her, and she began to doubt why her Mother decided for them to stay until her birthday.

  "My... true self?" Cera asked warily, feeling her muscles beginning to tense in anticipation of Sulpicia's answer. 

  "The Volturi that is inside of you, Cera. I can see it as plainly as I can see it is raining outside. Your family may deny it, you may deny it. But it is there and it will always be there." 

  Cera felt her jaw lock out of reflex to hold back from speaking her mind. She was not sure how to respond to that, but she thought it best if she didn't. She simply turned away from Sulpicia and stared ahead at the garden.  

  Sulpicia couldn't deny the thrill sense that she caused the all mighty powerful hybrid to go silent with her words. She felt a smirk tug at the corner of her mouth, but she denied its need to present itself. She turned herself to the garden as well and allowed Cera to adjust to her words. Yes, she could see the inner Volturi inside of Cera. It wasn't hard to notice if you looked hard enough, the way her eyes would light up at new possibilities, the way she seemed exstatic from her surroundings, and the knowing that she was the most powerful one in this coven at this time... 

   Cera could deny it all she wanted, to anyone and to herself. But Sulpicia could see deep down, she did not fully despise her power. If she did, things would be different. Sulpicia suddenly smiled and tilted her head. "I would like a presentation of your power, Cera."

  A sudden squeak left the girl as she turned to Sulpicia in shock, immediately breaking out into frightened sounds of excuses. "W-what? No! Its.. no! Miss Sulpicia, I couldn't, it would hurt people... it would-"

  "Perhaps, it would. But I must see what all this fuss is about as well as it is our duty as The Volturi to know what your gift can do first hand... so we can decide." Sulpicia still looked towards the garden as she spoke, the rising tension in the air becoming more obvious as Sulpicia's tone changed to demanding.

  "...Decide?..." Spoke a quiet Cera. "Decide... what?" She spoke barely above a whisper.

  "If you are a danger... or an ally." Sulpicia didn't bother looking as she heard the retreating footsteps from Cera, but it only relaxed her. She started out friendly, but she still had The Volturi on her mind before she decided to speak to the girl. Cera needed honesty. 

  Either she would be seen as an ally with one of the most powerful gifts known to vampires...

    Or.... she would be viewed as a danger and put to death, too powerful for even The Volturi to know what to do with.

  After all, Aro had said it himself, it was only fair that Sulpicia thought it as well. A smirk formed on her face as she softly said, "Only the known is safe.."