Her mums place

Ashley mind spun around like, a sinkhole had caved in its next victim.

She backed away from the camera and slammed the door, she slid down and placed her head in her hands.

Ready to burst into tears except none came she waited, but nothing happened all she felt was a whirlpool of shock and anxiety.

A loud knock ripped her mind back to reality , she rushed around trying to tidy up.

The endless mess swarmed around her like sharks.

Once she thought her room looked alright she went to the door,took a long breath and opened it to two police officers.

"Ashley Swelltan"

"y...yes"

They stepped throught the door and sat on the sofa,they took out some documents or papers and their notepads. Ashley gulped hard and sat down across from them.

" I'm here to ask why there is a girl's body outside your door, she is been examined and has been pronounced dead."

"I..I Sh...She is m..my d...d...daughter"Ashley burst into tears an officer handed her a tissue.

"We are sorry that you have found out like this, we will come another time to make inquiries"an officer handed her a card with a number on and his name.

"I'll be leading this inquiry, do call if you have any questions.bye"

"Bye" she managed to say through loud sobs.

The officers left and Ashley wiped away her tears, pulled out a cigarette and took a long drag.

Lights flashed through the window behind a nicotene stained curtain.Ashley grabbed an ash tray and through it at the door, the sound of shattered glass echoed around her as she slumped her tired body to the kitchen to clear up the ash tray.

"Babe what's up " two arms helped pick up the glass and despose of it,once that was done Ashley began tidying, which had hardly been accomplished in a year.

Ashley didn't reply until she was turned around and looked deep in the eyes by her girlfriend.

"My daughter's dead, I opened the door to get the milk and there she was... her body... slumped...like some trash"

"Oh babe... I'm sorry really, what we going to do"

"I'm not moving, but the police will be back soon and this place needs tidying good and proper"

"let's have a brew first"

Ashley kissed her and went to the kitchen.

### 11:00am

"Mum, dad just rang saying he is coming over"A girl about 7 said from upstairs.

"What the fuck for,lexi come down here"Ashley yelled.

"Coming"

Lexi came down and sat on the floor,she wore a pink onesie that was covered in stains.

"He said he's coming over to talk about Claire"

"Oh shit, news travels fast, who the fuck told him"

"I don't know mum" a frightened look came over Lexi's face.

" Go get a bath and wear some clean clothes get all your washing and bring it down here, and wake the rest up"

"Okay"Lexi ran upstairs shouted several names and then went into her room, after 10 minutes she came back down with two baskets full of washing.She brought more down filling three washing machines that were in the cellar under the stairs.

The sound of the machines filled the room , the smell of food being made in the kitchen plunged into the rest of the house.

7 children, 8 including lexi stood dressed in there best outfits after getting quick strip washes and stood in a line infront of Ashley.

"Right lexi you clean the cellar with liam, maddyia, Lucas you clean the back yard and then kitchen,Millie and johno you do the living room and ebony, suzia and I will clean up stairs come on"

Everyone went to their places grabbing mops, brushes and buckets within an hour and 40 minutes the place looked spotless and everyone sat round the dining table eating breakfast.