Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 11

Serena Mclane's P. O. V

My surroundings start to get more and more familiar as we near my father's—soon to be mine—building. I know time is running out and it's just a matter of moments before we descend upon my berating and scrutiny, done by my very own father of course.

Turning to Damien, I see he's retreated back to his normal, cold steely self, "Damien." I murmur, almost whispering. Damien, though, hears me and turns his head to face my direction.

He doesn't say anything but nonetheless, I find myself apologising.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you. I feel really bad," I assess his face to see if he's listening and am content to find that he indeed is, "I just become emotional for less of a better word. I don't know if you've noticed but I don't have the best of relationships with my father and I want to do whatever I can to improve them. And so when anyone even comes within an inch of the subject of my father and I, I guess I just snap. So I'm sorry." I say once again.

Damien seems to take in my words and I can tell he wants to say something but the car comes to a halt. I want to kick myself mentally for not saying anything earlier on in the ride because I very badly wanted to know what he would say.

That I'm a pathetic little girl who didn't deserve their own father's attention? Or that maybe I was never the problem and that my father actually is?

Instead Damien's says a short, "Very well," and that's all.

Damien opens the car door and steps out of the car. I quickly do the same as he rounds over to my side to open the door for me but I beat him to it. He surprisingly scowls at me and grabs my hand.

I expect him to just let it go but never will Damien Stryker do something that is expected. He leans down to my side and I feel his lips press to the shell of my ear.

"I will always open doors for you. Understand?" He asks as he wraps his arm around my waist, pushing me closer to him.
I gasp and start to feel nervous at our very close proximity.

"What if I don't?" I find myself answering back boldly.

Why am I so stupid?

Oh someone help.

I can feel his lips move and curve into a smirk as he lightly breaths out, making shivers cascade down my back in blissful waves, "Then there will be punishments accordingly." He murmurs before letting his lips press to just under my ear before stepping away from me completely– leaving an adequate amount of space that is necessary between two individuals in public– only leaving his arm to be wrapped around my waist.

I take in long drawn out breaths to stabilise my breathing.

Holy hell.

That was oddly... hot if I dare say.

I stop myself from looking his way in fears of what I'll find. Glancing at the now closed door, a small part of me wants to open the door and sit back in the car to see what punishments will exactly entail for my misbehaviour. Only now do I realise that such an intimate occurrence has taken place in the parking lot of my father's building with Damien's driver seated in car. Luckily though no one seems to be out in the car par at this hour.

Making our way to the entrance, my nerves start to spike up for an all new reason. I haven't seen my father's car parked in the lot but that still doesn't settle me. The last time I came here wasn't the best of times.

I shudder just thinking about all the memories.

Of course it involved embarrassing myself in front of my father's employees and coworkers which obviously resulted in him belittling and scolding me in front of everyone. Not the best of starts if you're supposed to be taking over the company one day. Nobody will respect me, I'll just be walked all over.