Part 6 - Den's Thoughts

Alam naman ni Mom and Dad na i really don't like to be married after I graduate. But they kept on insisting because of that damn business.

Gusto ko muna maging successful. And I know naman eventually love will find a way, and if love finds me i know it really is meant to be.

After that conversation with Tita Hilary, I am one step further on hating my parents. I know naman na napagusapan nanaman nila yung "fixed marriage." para lang ma prove nila sa sarili nila na they are a force to be reckoned with. Pero we can stand on our own naman, we can be successful and much nore than that kahit wala ng maganap na fixed marriage.

Them deciding for my future suffocates me. I am in the point that I feel like I'm not who I am anymore. I started to hate myself because of their standards. I always try to surpass those expectations. Pero my efforts are disregarded all this years. Why can't I be like my counsins? I mean... they are really wealthy, they get everything they want, they go to a prestige school, they go to local and international destinations, party like any college students does but still have great relationship with their parents?

Mom and Dad can be like my cousins parents.

But they still choose what makes them happy.

Money, Fame, Fortune.

What about me?

What about my happiness?