Two

"Busy day already," Patrick said quietly to Gerard as they prepared the twenty or thirty something drink of the day, "And it's only seven forty."

Gerard chuckled and pumped some caramel onto his customers drink before putting the lid on, sliding it down the counter to the waiting line. The containers were on low because the salted caramel latte was so popular this time of year, which is understandable, because this café in particular makes a mean one, one of the best.

"Number sixteen! Yeah, we haven't had this much action for a while now."

"Why do you have to word it like that?" Patrick groaned and couldn't help but smile, typing in the next order from the shy blonde girl who was next in line.

"Okay miss, here's your ticket." He handed her a small red paper with twenty written in bold black letters, and she nodded thankfully. "What name should I put on your cup hun?"

"U-um Jenna, please." She almost whispered, red in the face and obviously a little nervous being in such a crowded area. 

"That-That's a pretty name." The boy with the hoodie next in Gerard's line said quietly, offering her a small smile and only a second of eye contact.

"Oh um, thank you." She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked down with a huge smile, only glancing over at the hand that hesitantly extended her way.

"I'm Tyler."

She took it and shook it softly, her eyes shifting up to his. "I'm Jenna. But-but you already knew that."

He laughed quietly and took his own ticket, which Gerard had purposely punched in as twenty one so they'd be in line together. "We'll have your drinks ready in just a few minutes."

They started preparing the orders, glancing back at the waiting counter where Jenna and Tyler were standing.

"That's one of the cutest things I've seen all day." Patrick said quietly when he saw the two young people avoiding eye contact and smiling like idiots.

"Well, one of the cutest things I've heard all day."

"Gee!" He exclaimed as he finished putting the top on, "Is it really that bad?"

Gerard only shrugged.

"Number twenty and twenty one!"

They brought the drinks over to the counter and exchanged them for the tickets, Patrick making a soft 'aww' noise when they hooked arms and walked out of the coffee shop together, smiling brightly.

"Match made in heaven." Patrick put his hands over his heart adoringly, getting back to the register with Gerard to serve the last few people left.

"How'd it go?" Gerard said rubbing his eyes, trying to clear them a little more to be able to communicate with the customers properly.

"They left together." Patrick said happily, "I've never seen two people smile that big before."

"How cute." He giggled turned back to the counter.

"Can I take your order?"

______

"Finally." Patrick took a deep breath when he finished refilling the snack bar, the last customer grabbing their drink from the counter and going to sit at the tables across the room. "I have to pee so bad."

"I'll finish this," He pointed at the mugs he was drying and the empty caramel dispensers​, "You go ahead."

"Thanks man." He took off his apron and hung it up, rushing to the bathroom and closing the door.