■Where It Started■

This book is copy righted! No a likes or any books similar to mine should be made!

Riele Claire Down's

This is the story of my life.I just starting writing in this dusty old journal because my mom told me I could have it when I was in her room.I was happy because she usually doesn't let me take things from her.Mommy and daddy told me I was going to be in third grade this week,I'm only eight.I am kind of scared because I will be close near by the older kids,it seems it gets closer every time I change a grade.

I live in a one story dark wooden house and there is a porch outside in front and it matches with dark black chairs and some of my toys in a chest.I sleep in the room to the last,there's only three and daddy and mommy don't sleep together anymore.I sleep in a lavender purple room and it matches with gold.

Mommy and daddy are yelling again.I started crying because I wish my life was a lot easier and less complicated. Daddy calls me names but he never hits me,mommy says if he does he'll get it.I would say usually that's not a threat hut somehow daddy knows mommy is capable of more things,I wonder what.

I ran downstairs because I heard something shatter. I saw my older sister Reiya standing over daddy,daddy had glass all over him.I was going to cry but tears didnt all as if I had no emotion to what I was seeing.I smiled for one reason,my daddy was going to be gone.

Daddy ruined everything,I walked towards Reiya and daddy.Mommy stood and she didn't say anything but call the police. I was being held by Reiya,she always knew how to comfort me somehow and it was nice knowing I had her there.

"Daddy's gone"she whispered to me.

I smiled and laughed."Thank God"I whispered and sunk into her arms.Something troubled me that day because I lost all my emotions,they poured right out of me.All I could think was,what's next. I always wished daddy could be gone ever since I saw what he did to Reiya.

"Go in girls everything's taken care of"Mommy told us and picked me up and I leaned my head on her shoulder."No more daddy"I asked and she nodded."Good"I simple replied and we went inside and watched as the blue and red lights flashed moving out our driveway,down the streets.

Mommy put me down and I went upstairs.Iwas happy for once but it was destroyed when the door bust open and I heard Reiya scream"Daddy!"and I knew something was happening.We just saw him leave with the men how can he be back!?

I went under my bed to escape all the noise an to hide from daddy. Maybe the good men will take him back.I layed with my head in my arms.I looked to my side and was surprised to see a shaggy  blonde brunette loocking at me."Hello"he said to me,he wasn't scared?

"Hello"I answered back and scooted closer to him,he made me feel safe."I'm Jace Lee Norman"he told me."Riele Claire West Downs"I replied back smiling."You don't have to be sad about your daddy anymore I took it away so you'll only feel happiness,and some anger"he told me and I raised my eyebrow.

It made sense a little bit,the feeling of when I could cry I just smiled."Will you be here forever?"I asked and he nodded."I'm only entitled for you Rie Rie"he said and I smiled a toothy smile at his nick name."I'm going to be grateful you are JJ"I said back and he smiled too."You should sleep now"he told me but I shook my head."I will stay here with you"I told him and he smiled."your very bold"he told me and I shrugged.

"What are you?"I asked and he raised his head staring deep in my soul I felt."Whatever you want me to be"he said and I smiled."I want you to be my best friend"I said softly looking down then up at his hazel brown eyes."Then I will be"he answered back.

"Do you have a fmaily?"I asked him and he nodded."There working like me"he said and I nodded."What do they do,what do you do?"I asked."I'm like an elf but I was sent for you to protect you,and as you grow older the more I become apart of your live forever,just never forget me"he told me and I nodded."I pinky promise, I'll  never forget you even if I'm offered a ice cream sundae"I told him and we intertwined our pinkies.

"What's your family's name?"I asked out of curiosity."Glory's my older sister than Xander my older brother then there's me the youngest and my mom and dad"he told me and I nodded."What race are you?"I asked again.

"Puerto Rican mi amour"he said and I smiled."My love?"I said and he nodded."you catch on maybe I'll teach you espanol and mandarin"he told me and I shrugged."I like speaking French and dialt its a language from my moms side of West Africa and French is my....daddy's"I said soflty metionining my daddy.

"You'll grow stronger over the years with me,just wait"he told me and I nodded."stronger in strength?"I asked."In all ways'he said simply."I'm here for a reason and its because of you,remember though never forget"he said again and I nodded rolling my eyes."What happens if I forget?"I asked and he looked at me.

"Bad things will happen in your life"he said simply with a sorrowful expression to me.I pursed my lips together and nodded."I'll never forget"I said again."Let's rest"he said and I nodded and I kept our pinkies intertwined and slept.