The Girl with the Camera

**Summer pt. II**

You watch her drive away from the stadium and you smile to yourself. You didn't expect to see her in your soccer practice but you did.

You saw her pass by the team's locker room earlier while you're on your way there. She's heading towards the field. As usual, you're late again and you would have an earful from your coach, again, but you don't really care. You don't know why she was here but you are curious.

What are you doing here, Blake? You thought to yourself.

You are the last one to get out of the locker room since you're late and you still had to change into your practice clothes. As soon as you step out of the field, you scan the stadium to check if she was still here and you see her on the far side of the stadium. You smile because she is still here. She was sitting alone and she had something in her hand. You can't know for sure but it looks like a camera. Before you can think about any of it any further your coach calls your attention and tells you to hurry up.

You glance up again at her and see her holding her camera up to her face and your pretty sure she is taking a picture of you.

Hmm. Interesting.

You continue walking down the field to join your teammates. As soon as you're there, you immediately dive into rigorous workouts and techniques so you forgot about her. Your coach had you play a little match with your teammates.

After what feels like forever of running down the field, you took a break. You walk to the bench to get some water and you look to where she is and she's still there but her camera is nowhere to be seen. You're thinking of going up to her to try and talk to her but that will have to wait after practice. You decided to go to the locker room to get some rest for a while and so you did.

You've been cooling off for a few minutes now and you know that the coach is probably looking for you already so you get up and headed for the door. When you open the door, you are met with shocked hazel brown eyes that match exactly what you are feeling right now just because you didn't expect to run into her so soon. You quickly recover and you decided to play it cool even though that's exactly the opposite of what you are feeling right now. She isn't moving so you gather your courage and walk up to her stopping just a foot from her.

If you are being honest, you don't really know what to do with yourself. Just her presence makes you all nervous and jittery. But it seems likes she's more shocked than you are and you can't help yourself but flirt a little.

"Don't worry. I won't tell. But only because you're pretty."

That was the last thing that you said to her before walking away and leaving her still frozen in place. It's not really the best line and it sounds stupid now that you think about it but that's all you can come up what's with her presence distracting you. Her scent is still fresh in your mind and it's your new favorite. You are smiling to yourself like an idiot because clearly, she was flustered by your behavior and that excites you.

You decide at the last minute to go back and try to talk to her again but she was already gone. You hurriedly head to the stadium's entrance and there you saw her walk to her car, get in and drive away without so much of looking back. You feel a pang of regret as you scold yourself for not really talking to her. You swear you'll make it up to yourself the next time you see her and finally you go back to your practice.

***

It is the last week before summer ends and you still haven't seen her since your stadium encounter. You keep expecting her to show up every time you have a practice but she never did. You are starting to think that maybe you just imagined the whole thing and she wasn't really there in the first place.