Chapter Two: Bystander

Bayley finished her cereal and was getting her bag packed for the day. She ensured all of her books were neatly packed inside and her lunch was free from the possibility of being smushed. With everything ready to go, she used the bathroom before leaving. Bayley hated public bathrooms. She hated how the bottom and top of the door was open and she wasn't actually in privacy. Someone could crawl through or reach out and touch her from the bottom. A tall person could easily just look over the top. Thus she would go before she left home. Her parents had left for work and in the silence of the house, the doorbell sounded. Bayley opened the door to find Seth.

"Hi!" Bayley greeted

"Hey!"

"What are you doing here?"

Seth reached into his backpack and pulled out a beanie.

"You left this last night."

"My beanie!" Bayley cheered grabbing it out of his hands.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

Bayley put the beanie on her head and grabbed her backpack.

"Yep!" she answered locking the door.

* * *

Seth was roaming the hallways during the lunch break. With a corn dog in hand, something caught his view. There was a group of people around the corner. Around five people were shoving someone into a locker. He retreated back around the corner with thoughts going through his mind. He peaked over and saw the cluster of students walking away. On the floor lied a woman. With her papers all over the floor, she picked herself onto her knees. Her hands ran under her eyes then to the ground to pick up her glasses. Seth felt bad but didn't want to get himself into any trouble with the bullies. The last thing he needed was to be picked on. Seth turned around and headed to the library. Somewhere quiet to think. Seth returned to the area afterwards to see her still there. She was sitting against a locker with her head buried in her knees. No one else was there. Before Seth could check on her, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He jumped and turned to see Bayley.

"Sooooooo? How'd it go?"

Seth wrote a Math test today.

"I actually felt confident handing in that test."

Bayley smiled.

"There you go!"

He let out a smile and followed Bayley to wherever she was headed. Seth couldn't get that girl out of his mind though.

* * *

"Hey Bayley? Do you ever see something you wish you hadn't?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"I saw something today and I just can't get it out of my mind."

"What'd you see?"

"This girl getting bullied. I think she's a few grades below us. It was heart breaking."

"Did you do anything?"

"I was about to, then you showed up."

"Oh?" she faintly said.

"Yeah."

Seth walked Bayley home and said goodbye.

* * *

Seth's lock clicked and he returned to the corner where he saw yesterday's incident. It was happening again! She was being slammed over and over into the locker! It looks like she wasn't even fighting it!

"When will you put those lips to use?" one of them asked.

"What does that mean?" Seth thought.

"My dick is getting a little dry. Come on!"

"No!" she rebelled.

She was slammed back into the locker so hard she fell onto her back. Feet kicked her stomach in and she let out yelps. Seth had seen enough.

"Yo fuckers!"

They looked at Seth and smiled continuing to kick her.

"Hey!" Seth yelled.

He could see her looking through the legs right at him with a look of desperation. They continued to kick her.

"Come on you little whore! I hear you're short on cash. I'll pay ya for five minutes in the bathroom."

Seth stiffed up and watched in fear. She was grabbed by the arm and hoisted onto
her knees. One guy brought his crotch close to her. Luckily he was still wearing his pants. She turned her head in disgust closing her eyes. But a hand ripped it back forwards. Seth's eyes widened as he got closer to the girl. Seth willed his way forwards. He ripped his backpack off his shoulder and removed his glasses putting them onto the ledge of a window. Seth sprinted at the guy sexually harassing the woman.

"Get your fucking hands off her!"

He tackled him to the ground and threw a good right straight into his nose. Seth felt many hands grabbing him from behind. Four other men overpowered Seth as he was held to a wall and received punches to the gut. He fell to the floor and lost contact with his senses. Punch after punch, Seth's face burned and the assault finally stopped. Before he lost consciousness, he could hear one last thing.

"Get ready for our date tomorrow Sasha."