YESENIA THE GODDESS OF HOPE II

"What the hell?!" I yelled.

"Aah!" She shouted and grabbed my shoulder, flinging her arms around me.

I yelled, "What is your fucking problem?!” The girl's fingertips started to turn red, the color then engulfed her arms. It kept going to her head, and the girls hands started to become paws! As her body became completely red, she took the shape of a fox and grew quickly. When she had finally stopped growing she was immense.

Then I heard a voice behind me say, "Stop it Jessie, just stop it.” I turned around to see, to my surprise, disappointed doctors.

I heard a man's last, faint words, "Jessie, listen to me. . . I always. . . oh -- ow, I always did love y. . ." his voice trailed off into pure silence and doctors crowded to him and shook their heads at me and one said “He’s gone.” They seemed to think I was Jessie.

I walked over to comfort the poor beast, and Jessie’s tears started to glow. She opened her mouth and let out a pained roar. Melina responded with a long, innocent mew. As I thought of what creature Jessie was, I finally understood and my jaw dropped in surprise.

"Dragon. . .” I whispered, my body trembling with fear. Then I touched the girls head softly and she shrunk away just a bit, so I looked into the innocent soul trapped in such a beast, and I could tell she loved her father more than anything in the world.

"It’s okay girl," I looked into her golden eyes."He loves you and that's what matters most, okay?"