North X Reader

As you made your way down the hallway of Project Freelancer with ear props in your ears, you were in your own world. Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia was playing into your ears and you hummed along. You loved this song. It was one of those songs that you remembered from LA. Your mom used to sing it for you when you were smaller, so the song was a part of you, kind of when some people smell something that reminds them of their childhood.

-Ugh, this song again? Lightning, one of your AIs, appeared next to your left ear.

. -Yup, you simply replied, ignoring the rude statement.

-But we have heard this song so many times!

-Can't we listen to something better? Like Metallica?

Thunder suddenly appeared next to your other ear.

-Oh give her a rest Lightning. (Y/N) has a lot on her mind right now.

You smiled at the two brothers arguing and stopped in front of your locker. Once you opened it, a note fell out. You raised one of your eyebrows and picked it up.

-What is that? Thunder looked at the note.

.-I don't know, you replied. You looked at it again.

-It's from Carolina? You heard Lightning's confused voice.

To be honest, you were surprised too. You and Carolina didn't talk often. She was the best out of your group, so you decided that she was out of your league and just left it there. Sure, she gave you compliments every now and then but that was it. So now you were really confused. You looked down at the note.

"Hello (S/N). The Director wants me to go on a mission with a few others, and since you are a person who can take care of yourself, I want you to come with me. It's short notice I know, but if you could meet me in the flight room with 479'er, that would be great. The teams will consist of me, you, Maine, Wyoming and North. Hope to see you there.

-Carolina"

You looked at the names again. Maine was okay. Well, he didn't talk too much, but he was a nice guy. Execpt that he had been acting a little weird the last couple of weeks after his AI implantment.

Wyoming? Oh no, anyone but him. He was annoying. Once he made you sit one hour with him and listen to the worst knock knock jokes you had have ever heard. But hey, great fighter? You never really had a thing for british people.

And North. Just your heartbeat raised from reading that name. It's no secret that you had a huge crush on Agent North Dakota, and that you would die for him. Other girls looked at York and loved him. But for you, he was such a typical guy.

North was so sweet and kind. And his AI Theta was the cutest thing to ever exist. But there was one problem. You didn't think North felt the same way about you. You never had the guts to ask him, because you were terrified of being rejected and ruining the relationship with one of your best friends.

You sighed and put the note in your back pocket. You had to be there, you didn't really have a choice. Why? Cause you knew Carolina would beat the everliving shit out of you if you didn't. Yay teamwork.

You were so caught up in your own thoughts that you didn't hear the footsteps from behind you.

-Hey (Y/N).

You jumped probably 5 feet into the air and turned around to meet the blonde man of your dreams.

-Oh! Hey North! I ahhh.... I just... I saw the note... and I was heading..ehh..over there.. somewhere..

-Good job (Y/N). Thunder sounded annoyed.

-Shut up.

North chuckled.