Chapter 5

Alexander.

As you can clearly see, my day took a nosedive. The walk to the student union for lunch felt interminable, constantly interrupted by classmates offering their sympathies for my violated innocence and others directing me to resources for "people like me."

Yet again, I've managed to navigate four years without completely losing it. At this point, your epiphanies are a tad belated. Experiencing assault doesn't make me a charity case.

Ever heard of "Qi" or "Chi"? You know, your "life force."

Well, let me tell you, mine is beyond irritated and thoroughly fed up right now. And John isn't helping matters, trailing after me like a lost puppy.

He grasped my shoulder, halting my progress, and insisted, "I'm just trying to help."

"I don't need your help. Can't you see that?"

I needed him to grasp that this was my battle to fight alone. My ordeal wasn't John's burden to bear. "Alexander, you need me. Your withdrawal from everything is a cry for help."

My heart turned icy as I regarded him with a steely gaze.

"So now I'm a cry for help? You think I need you? I don't need you for anything. Have you ever considered that I want to be alone? Alone and away from you! Let me make it abundantly clear: I want you to leave me the hell alone! Is that too much to ask?"

I took a step back before turning away and forging ahead. The last image I caught of John was him frozen in place, head bowed, a solitary tear tracing its path to the ground below.

I reclined on the lush grass. Our campus boasted a secluded spot known as The Woods, a cluster of trees and shrubs surrounding a small clearing. From there, the sky was a flawless vista, whether bathed in daylight or moonlight. Tears welled in my eyes, tracing silent paths down my cheeks. The only sound was the rustle of leaves as the sun played hide-and-seek among the branches.

Nothing seemed to penetrate my solitude, and I reveled in it.

Before my mind registered the time, the first thing I noticed upon opening my eyes were the stars. One in particular gleamed the brightest, presumably the North Star. They say wishes made upon it might come true. I had one wish in mind: to escape this place. I was weary of this tainted campus. My legs moved of their own accord, though I shivered involuntarily. The wind whipped through the trees with such force, bending even the palm trees. The sidewalk bustled with people—couples, families, newlyweds, and solitary figures like me. They all appeared content, as though everything were right in the world. Why wasn't I happy?

My vision blurred, lights melding into vibrant hues barely recognizable. A tear trailed down my cheek. I was almost there. The outline of the azure ocean beckoned.

I stood on the rocks just before the sand, discarding my jacket in a nearby bin before sprinting toward the ocean, seeking freedom if only for a moment. The sensation sent shivers down my spine. The water embraced me, and I surrendered to its caress.

As dawn broke the next day, I found myself reluctant to leave the tranquility behind. The sand between my toes was no longer a discomfort but a delight. The sky blazed with hues of purple, orange, and yellow, a breathtaking sight too often overlooked. Such beauty deserved to be witnessed from every corner of the world.

"Did you spend the entire night out here?" Thomas whispered, careful not to disturb the serenity.

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Can't you just answer my question?" His tone bordered on pleading.

"The last thing I need is to answer to you."

I sensed his presence beside me. Though I couldn't bring myself to face him, I had something to confess.

"Homecoming night at Laf's house two years ago. Junior year, right? You strode in like you owned the place, your hair tousled and jeans ripped in all the right places. Even though we were friends, it took me a while to muster the courage to approach you. Every time you came into view, butterflies fluttered in my stomach. That night, I planned to confess my love for you. But as I reached for a drink, intending to drown my nerves, I returned to find you with Madison."

I felt him settle beside me. I didn't turn to meet his gaze; I simply continued.

"-you and Madison chatted, and I stood there, watching another guy make you laugh and blush. I knew I could never evoke those reactions from you. My courage shattered, and the only way to numb the pain was to drown it in alcohol. Cup after cup, I felt my sense of self slip away, until I was dragged upstairs. They called for you and Madison, along with the other players. I'd never been undressed by someone else before, certainly not in such a rough way. I called out your name you know? Maybe the speakers drowned me out. Til' this day I hate loud music."

------------------------------
Chapter five-izzle is complete.

Guys we are almost to 200 reads LETS DO THIS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

❤❤❤❤ I LOVE YOU GUYS

VOTE COMMENT SHAREEEE