Chapter 3

As Littlepaw entered the camp, she felt the tension. Darkshadow made his way up the rock beside Jaggedtooth. "We do not know this threat, but we will prevail." He meowed.
"How? We don't have our leaders!" Deerleg called from below.
"This has never happened before. Can we defend ourselves?" Cootwillow meowed, her eyes looking wary. Her mate, Weaselwhisker, gave her an affectionate lick. "We'll show those mangey cats what for!" He meowed. Fallentooth gave a nod. "Spoken like a warrior." He commented respectfully. Jaggedtooth saw the patrol come back. Branchspots padded in. "We found a scent. And it seems as if there's a tunnel somewhere. And it leads under the Thunderpath." He meowed.
The brown tabby's ears pricked. "A tunnel?" He meowed.
"Yes. It had scents mingled as far as I could smell." Mistheart put in, wrinkling her nose. "Alright. You lot get some sleep. Starshimmer, Rowanfang, I want you two to guard the camp." He told the two warriors.
"Nightriver, Crowwing, I want you two to guard with them." Darkshadow meowed. Lightspot stood up. "I want to do a look around the boundaries one more time." She meowed. But her daughter, Hazelheart blocked her path. "We don't know if dad's hurt or worse. Me and Leafpelt can't loose you too." She mewed with worry.
"Hey! She's my grandmother." Howlingdawn mewed. Leafpelt purred and touched his muzzle to his son's head. "I know son. Get some sleep. You'll need your energy. We have a long day of patrols." He meowed walking to the warrior's den as all of the cats went to attempt to sleep.

The sun reached the tops of the trees. Littlepaw was with Thrushberry sorting their herb supplies. She had been checking on Dawnreed all day. The ViperClan deputy's kits were due any day. And her mate had insisted of holding her position until she and their future litter were healthy and brought into the world. A commotion outside made her drop her comfrey, and peer outside the den. Cats were crowded in a mass of yowls and hisses. A booming yowl silenced them. Darkshadow made his way from the leader's den and saw the border patrol he sent put earlier back. "Look who we found. At the border." Pinefur growled.
"Can't a cat wander the forest in peace?" Rumbled the cat;a big dark brown tom. Coyotefoot bristled. "No. This is WolfClan territory. State your business!" She snarled. The tom got in her face. "My, what a pretty face." He purred to the tannish brown WolfClan warrior. Her mother Duststripe, thrusted herself forward with a hiss. "Say one more comment, and I'll rip your tongue and leave it for the wolves!" She hissed.
"What are you doing on Clan territory?" Darkshadow asked the tom.
"Don't you know it's rude to treat a cat you found who was just trying to have a relaxing day terribly?" The tom asked, tipping his head to one side and lowered himself on his belly, paws tucked underneath him.
"Stop playing kit's games and tell us who you are!" Whitefang growled, glowering over him. The tom remained silent. An impatient growl rumbled in the black warrior's throat. Suddenlt, Russetleaf padded past him. "I know this cat all too well." She mewed.
"Messina. It's been a while." He meowed. "What are you doing here Boar?" She asked. "All this talk about who belongs where. It gets boring don't you think? I don't see why you chose to live here." He commented. Stoneshadow, who was previously named Waleran bristled. "We chose to leave because these cats care for each other! Look after each other!" He was a near mouse length from Boar's muzzle.
"This is getting us nowhere." Thunderclaw rumbled.
"Give him time. He'll talk." Russetleaf meowed.