Part One ↠ {02}

"You must be Gabi." Said Wade. He stuck a hand out for me to shake.

"Yes I am." I replied, sticking out a hand. We shared a firm handshake and he smiled at me. I returned the smile.

"I'm Bayley."

"I know who you are. I'm a fan of both of you." He replied in his cute English accent. I've always loved English accents, there's just something about them that gets me every time.

"Welcome back." I said.

"Thanks. It feels good to be back." He smiled.

"Wade Barrett." Said Seth interrupting our conversation. He put a hand around my neck as I wrapped my hand around his waist.

"Seth Rollins, I'm looking forward to getting into the ring with you mate." Said Wade.

His first night back in WWE and he's already challenged the one and only Seth Freakin Rollins. Not that I'm biased or anything.

"So am I." Seth smirked.

************

Wednesday.

"Guess who I just got a call from." Seth said as I walked out of the bathroom into the bedroom.

For some reason I was hoping he wouldn't say Wade Barrett. I thought it was weird that Barrett, Slater and Gabriel all came to talk to me last night at Smackdown. I mean, we're talking three former members of Nexus and The Corre. There's no way I'm overthinking it this time.

"Hmmm Stephanie?" I replied.

I know it's a long shot but maybe she had a change of heart. I mean, it is possible for someone like her to have a change of heart overnight right?

"Nope. One higher." He smirked.

"Mr McMahon?" I asked with surprise in my voice.

He nodded. "The boss wants to see us." He chuckled.

Man this should be interesting.

"Now that Dean is on RAW, you think that he wants to talk about reuniting The Shield?" I asked. I sat down next to him on the bed.

"Nah, he would have asked for Roman and Dean if that was the case."

"Then who did he ask for?"

"Just me and you."

"That's weird."

"Yeah. Come on, let's get ready. He wants to see us at ten." Seth said and finally got out of bed.

******

We arrived at the arena and knocked on the door of Stephanie's office. We heard Mr McMahon say come in and we did as we were told. We greeted him and then sat down on the vacant chairs.

"Now I called the two of you here because I believe we have something very important to discuss." Said Mr McMahon as he sat across from us, behind the desk. "Your future." He added.

And that's the talk I was dreading. My heart started pounding as I wasn't sure if I would like what Mr McMahon was going to say next. Seth knew that I was worried and put a hand on mine. I immediately felt a sense of relief.

"What does our future look like in WWE, Vince?" Asked Seth. He finally broke the awkward silence. 

"Well you know that my daughter and my son-in-law both don't like either of you....... however they are not the owners of this company, I am. Every decision they make, they have to pass through me first and that's what makes you very lucky." Said Mr McMahon.

I was shocked by Mr McMahon's words but he did make sense.

"She was going to fire us but you stopped her from doing so." I said.

"Yes. I can see a bright future for both of you in this company and I won't let my daughter and son-in-law fire you because of a personal vendetta that they have against you. I truly believe that Seth Rollins and Gabriella is what's best for business."

I've heard that before. I chuckled in my mind because those were Hunter's exact words at my NXT tryout a couple of months ago.

"As of today, the two of you will be signed under me in the WWE and you will remain on RAW."

"What does that mean exactly?" I asked curiously.

I've never heard of something like this been done before so it was all very new and confusing to me.

"It means that only I have the Authority to fire you." He replied, putting a huge smile on my face. "It also means that y'all will be put into a storyline that y'all have to follow. Understand?" He asked. Seth and I both nodded. "And don't worry, Stephanie cannot make you lose your title until I say so." He added gesturing towards me.

"That means alot to us." Said Seth.

WWE means everything to us and with everything that has been happening in the last few months, we honestly thought that our careers would be doomed but thanks to Mr McMahon, we actually have a chance to become something greater and hopefully one day make the Hall Of Fame and that means the world to me.

"All y'all have to do is sign this contract. Simple as that." He said as he handed us the contracts.

"And what about our old contracts?" Asked Seth.

"Don't worry about it, that one will be quashed. Unless y'all still want to work for Steph." He said.

"Oh absolutely not." I responded without even giving it some thought.

Seth and I read the contract and everything Mr McMahon said was right there in the contract. Stephanie would seriously have no authority over us and that's all we've ever wanted. Although we will have a storyline to follow which will make our lives so much easier.

After reading and examining the whole contact, Seth and I finally signed it. I couldn't hide my happiness, knowing that Stephanie isn't our boss anymore.

"It was great doing business with you. Y'all can leave now." He said.

We thanked Mr McMahon before leaving his office. As soon as we were outside, I jumped up and hugged Seth.

"Can you believe this?" I asked excitedly.

Honestly this feels so surreal. It's a dream come true really.

"We finally got what we wanted." He said with a gigantic smile on his face.

"What we deserved." I said before connecting our lips.

╰☆♡☆╰☆☆╮╰☆♡☆╰☆☆╮

Seth Rollins vs Wade Barrett - Would y'all like that? 🤔

Huge twist to the story. Seth and Gabi now work for Vince McMahon. Do you think Vince is playing them or does he really think that their 'best for business'? Lemme know! ☺️

Thanks for reading! 😬 Please vote and comment 🙏🏼❤️ x