Chapter 2: Old Friend

Sorry for any grammar or punctuation error, I am in Belgium at the moment so it's difficult to write properly. Anyway hope you enjoy!

* * * _____________ * * *
'Ash honey you better get going, or you'll miss your bus!' Ash's aunt shouted from downstairs. Ash was in his room in his brand new Alola clothes ready to go to school. Pikachu was on his bed and Greninja was standing next to him.

'Alright guys, today we may get some attention and whatever you do, do not mention my past... that is essential and if anything bad happens, Greninja you know what to do' Ash said giving a wink, and with that being said, the trio went downstairs to say goodbye to their aunt and uncle.

'Ok Ash, have a good day and don't cause any trouble!' Ash's aunt said, she gave him a kiss on the forehead, 'and make sure you carry a spare underwear if anything goes wrong' his uncle said this time. Ash's smile faded, but he quickly forced a fake one.

'Okay bye guys!'

Ash set off on his way to the bus stop, with Pikachu on his shoulders and Greninja by his side. 'I think we shall walk today' Ash said, his two Pokémon nodded without complaints and continued to walk past their bus stop. There were people standing there, a mother and a young child... his mind seemed to veer in a different directions.

The light around him seemed to fade, as if he would never feel cheerful again. Next thing he knew he was on the floor holding his head. He then spotted a blonde haired girl on the floor in front of him. With instinct he instantly got up and helped the girl back to her feet.

'I'm so sorry, I should pay attention to where I am walking next time' Ash apologised, he expected the girl to slap him but she gave a sweet smile, which gave warm feels to him.

'It's okay, but why were you staring at that mother and child, if you don't mind me asking?' She asked. 'Oh um... its nothing.. anyway I should probably go, I'm gonna be late for school!' Ash replied.

'Wait, are you going Alola high?' She asked.

'Yeah'

'Then we can go together, because I go there too! And by the way my name is Serena!' Serena gave another sweet smile to Ash, as they started to walk to school.

'My names Ash. Ash Ketchum' Ash replied. After he announced his name Serena could have sworn she heard that name somewhere, but couldn't remember so she shrugged it off. She then spotted Pikachu and Greninja.

'Wow isn't he cute!' Serena said squealing at the sight of Pikachu. 'And well Greninja looks super strong as well!' She gave another smile.

'Can I just say your smiles are the best!' Ash blurted out, Serena's cheeks went red like a tomato,

'T-thanks!'

'Sorry, it's just that I haven't seen anything that has made me this hap-' Ash stopped and looked away.

'What's wrong? Are you okay' Serena took note of what he was about to say, but felt pity for him.

'Nothing, it's just that... never mind.. this topic makes me uncomfortable!' Ash replied.

'It's okay, I understand.. but I am here for you now, so you can talk to me, and you seem like a sweet guy anyway!' Serena said, this time Ash blushed but luckily no one noticed. It had been years since he blushed at anything. Years.

After a while they reached Alola High. The entrance was big and the inside was filled with students and their Pokémon's.

'Well Ash here we are, Alola High,' Serena said letting Ash take in the view.