Chapter 1

Seokjin let out a sigh as he was going through one of his old journal. He was waiting on his partner, Namjoon, to get off of work to come see him so he thought he'd pass the time by going through old stuff. Some of it was...really...old. 

He wrote, a lot. He recorded down practically everything he ever did, so he'd never forget. I mean if you're stuck living forever, why not remember your ancient history? 

He stumbled upon a practically empty page and he started to tear up. There was two simple sentences written on it and the memories from that day washed over him. 

"I found him again. I've fallen harder" 

It was the first time he'd found Namjoon again. This immortal vs mortal thing always confused him, he never understood how the whole thing worked. One of his friends, another immortal, who is extremely educated and does constant research has tried to teach him but it's in one ear and out the other. He had a basic understanding, you're either mortal or immortal, mortals reincarnate but they remember nothing of their previous life(s). Mortals are typically the same as before, just slightly off. You can clearly recognize them if you've seen them in a past life as an immortal but they're always slightly off. Looks wise, it could be they have different colored eyes or they're taller than before, small things like that. Personality wise they're the same, but they do change to be more modern as time goes on. 

Thats as much as Seokjin cared to know. He'd never believed he would fall for a mortal, he didn't care. But then he walked into Namjoon...Literally. Yes, it is indeed cheesy, but the clumsy male wasn't paying attention and they both knocked into each other and they ended up talking. 

Jin fell, hard. They ended up dating. That was the first time, god knows how long ago. They grew old together, meaning Namjoon aged while Jin mimicked aging. Fun fact, immortals can look like any age, but their default state is the age they learned they were immortal, thats how old they typically claim to be. Eventually the dreaded time came...Namjoon passed on. 

Jin was crushed, he knew mortals reincarnated but he also knew their memories would be wiped. He didn't think he'd ever see Namjoon again, he wished he could die along side his true love. 

Jin gave up, he didn't understand the entire reincarnation cycle. This world was complicated, he knew that. While there were immortals and mortals, the suffering of it all was that each immortal had a mortal counterpart. A soulmate if you will. It was like a sick joke. 

Namjoon ended up reincarnating at the same age as he met his immortal counter part, Kim Seokjin. Once the 'soulmates' met that ended the reincarnation cycle in a way for the mortal. Every time they 'came back' they were the same age as they met their counter part, now the only struggle was getting the two back together. 

Seokjin found Namjoon a year after he lost him, he didn't know it at first. He didn't know anything about mortals other than it hurt like hell to fall in love with one and to watch them leave you. 

He realized it was Namjoon as soon as the mortal smiled, only Namjoon could have that bright smile. His heart dropped and he got into contact with Yoongi, the smart immortal, who told him about 'counterparts' or 'soulmates' and Seokjin felt his heart swell. Namjoon was his soulmate, for Seokjin that reassured him that his love for the boy was real. 

He finally got an opportunity to talk to the new Namjoon. He smiled as he realized it wasn't a 'new' Namjoon at all. Nothing had changed for him, well in Seokjins eyes. Of course there were slight differences, he was sure he was taller than Namjoon before and he knew his eyes were darker brown than this. But if thats all that was different with the love of his immortal life, he couldn't give a fuck less. 

Seokjin had lost count of the amount of times he had to watch Namjoon age and pass on. It hurt him every time. 

The last time he thought he'd lost Namjoon, it had been at least 3 years. But then he walked into a coffee shop and saw a cute guy eager to take Seokjins order. 

His heart stopped and suddenly he went to get coffee every day. 

He heard a knock on the door and closed his journal, getting out of his daze of memories. 

He opened the door and smiled, it was his love, Namjoon. 

A/N: I WANT THIS BOOK TO BE GOOD I WANT TO WORK REALLY HARD ON IT, I WANT IT TO REFLECT MY ABSOLUTE BEST WORK SO..PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK! IF WANT MORE, VOTE! IT WOULD REALLY ENCOURAGE ME! I'M REALLY ANXIOUS TO PUBLISH THIS...I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!! HAVE AN AMAZING DAY/NIGHT