Newt is Taken Captive

"Newt!" Tina practically screamed, grabbing desperately at the place where he used to be. She began to sob when she realized that it was real. Newt was gone. Queenie burst in, Jacob following close behind. "Teenie! What happened?" Queenie knelt down by Tina, rubbing her back. Queenie began to drink the story from Tina's head. Her face lit up when she saw the kisses, the romance, the fun, but her face darkened as she collected the most recent events. "Oh, Tina! I'm so sorry!" Queenie said gently. "Why is Jacob here?" Tina asked, looking at Jacob. "He got his memory back. It's a long story," Queenie explained. "Hey, what's this?" Jacob picked up a two pieces of wadded up paper that was where Newt had been standing. "Newt must have dropped it," Tina said slowly, picking the first up and unfolding it. She read it once, then gasped in horror. She began to read it aloud.

"Newt,

I have your family. They are alive, for now. Their screams are terribly loud, I'm afraid to say. It really does irritate me when I'm trying to plot a way to kill your precious Tina, and I hear your parents screaming in agony. If you want to see your parents alive, allow the rest of your family and Tina to live, then meet me at your house as soon as possible. You have one week, before I go after Tina.

Grindewald"

"Newt is sacrificing himself?!" Queenie said, horrified. "Knowing the kind of guy Newt is, he would do it," Jacob said nervously. Tina unfolded the second note. It was addressed to her.

"My dearest Tina,

I hope this note gets to you before Grindewald does. I have chosen to turn myself in to prevent further damage to the ones I love, especially you. I love you, Tina, more than words could possibly describe. I cannot offer you wealth or happiness like other men could. However, I hope you will find a way to move on to someone better than me, who could give you the love that you deserve. Don't come after me.

Love,

Newt"

Tina choked. Mercy Lewis, she was going after him whether he liked it or not! How could he possibly think these sort of things? As long as she wasn't starving, she had no interest in wealth. Happiness? Newt provided more than happiness. He provided joy. Someone better than him? Did such a man exist?

"Take us there, Tina," Queenie said gently. Tina grabbed both Jacob and Queenie and apparated away. 

They arrived at the house in Paris where she had spent the night. Without hesitation, Tina opened the door, and called out, "Newt?" "Tina?" Caoimhe emerged from a hidden door in the wall, looking terrified. She ran into Tina's arms, tears streaming down her face. "Newt went missing! Theseus and Alice went looking for him, and they were captured by Grindewald! I managed to hide, but my entire family had been taken captive!" Caoimhe buried her face into Tina's shoulder, crying. Tina attempted to comfort the young girl. "We need to get to the Scamander house before it's too late!" Queenie said. "We're outnumbered. Only Queenie and I can fight," Tina said slowly. "I can fight," Caoimhe piped up, her voice now eager, level. "I'm very swift, and my brother Theseus taught me how to duel." Caoimhe pulled out her wand, ready to fight. "I might be a useful lookout!" Jacob said, excited to be a part of this. Tina nodded. She wasn't thrilled about Caoimhe joining, but there was a determination in the young girl's eyes that reminded Tina of a warrior. "Let's go get Newt," Tina said.