The beginning

"We're very sorry, dear. We loved her too." Mrs. Potts comforted the weeping child as he held onto the woman with a tight grip.
"It was not her time to go." A young man spoke with a heavy french accent as he sat with his legs crossed beside the child's bed as he cried onto the woman.

The young Prince has just lost his mother - His safety net - His heart. The young boy had everything he could ever dream of. He lived within a gigantic castle, he had around the clock servants attending to his every will. But when his mother passed, there was a nothing that could fill her place.

The young boy sat on his bed, leaning against his maid as he cried. The woman was always like a second mother to the boy. She attended his every need when his actual mother was busy with his father, the king. But little did Mrs. Potts know she'd be serving as that mother figure for years to come.
The child was in his sleep ware. No longer having to dress as elegant as he did during the day with wigs, heels, and powder. He had short brown hair, and bright blue eyes.
The young prince couldn't shake the image of his mother laying on the bed, still as a doll, and cold as ice as he kissed her goodbye one last time.
As a child, the boys family had dozens of servants. Each member of the royal family had their own individual staff member when it came to regular day to day needs. Mrs. Potts was not the princes personal servant, it was in fact another young boy. Who was only a few years older then the prince himself. His name was Lumiére, and he had come straight from the village to work within the castle walls. But he had no idea he'd be attending to a child's needs. But he wasn't going to risk the most honorable job one could get by complaining.
Little did the staff know, that as the sweet boy grew, his tendency, temper, attitude, and ways of running the kingdom slowly melted in the same ways as his father did before him. While getting raised by his father, the young prince was abused and tormented for not obeying orders or trying to change something his father had previously done. But he didn't know any better, for he was only a child. Whenever his father would lay a hand on him, or threaten him, and a servant happened to be nearby, they were not allowed to interfere. For they feared for their own lives. They had all learned a lesson one night when Maestro Cadenza defended the child after dinner when the king nearly hit the child with a vase. But when the Maestro stepped in, the king had no problem crushing the mans hand - and since then, no one ever tried to step in. They'd just have to listen to the crying from the distance. Which broke their hearts.
As the prince grew, he only became more and more like his father everyday. Not only in looks—but even his disrespect towards the staff had rubbed off on the boy as well.
As a young man, Adam, the prince, wanted only the biggest, most expensive things within his castle. So after the passing of his father, the young prince taxed the village to pieces, all to fill his castle with the best of the best of whatever money could buy. For the prince, happiness could be bought. He simply just had to snap his fingers....and it was there.
As the prince grew, so did the staff. As the boy grew into a man, he extended his line of servants, going from a few dozen, to a few hundred. But even as the staff grew, he had a few servants attend to his needs specifically while the others did other tasks, such as cook and clean.
The royal family paid hundreds for their servants. For example, the former king had chosen Mrs. Potts when she was newly married - due to her excellent baking skills, and after offering the royal family a pie, she was signed up as a cook right away. The Maestro Cadenza was bought from his family in Paris for nearly a thousand, due to his excellence at playing the harpsichord. Cogsworth had worked in the castle since he was a young man, having known the king from the war, which gave him the spot as 'head of the household'. Lumiére, on the other hand, didn't have a set of skills. He was just very charismatic. The young man had grown up in the village where both Mrs. Potts and Cogsworth were from, but his mother died when he was a child after delivering his three sisters; Claudette, Laurette, and Paulette. The boy was brought up in an abusive household, so when the king was willing to pay for him after Lumiére was able to fix the royal carriages broken axle, his father accepted without any second thoughts whatsoever. But, his new job did allow him to escape from the torment his father brought down upon him and his sisters.