The full moon

I had gotten my room set up and had put on an eye mask that I shouldn’t be able to see the moon. I had even gone to such lengths as to pull out hand cuffs. I was about to put them on, when I heard something. There was a knocking at my window. I looked and saw a shadow outside my window. It had a tail. I looked on in horror as it started opening my window. The curtains were pulled back and that’s when I saw the moon. I lost all sense of control. The monster was gone. But I was stuck in a moon trance.

                Water. I needed to be in the water.  Walking, I had wandered into the forest. I found a small stream that led me to a very large pond. There was plenty of room for me to swim. My feet came to the water’s edge and I dived in.

                Derek had just dropped Isaac off at the train station. He was heading to his loft in the city. As he drove by his family woods, he heard something. He slammed on the breaks. He got of his car and listened carefully.

Upon one summer's morning, I carelessly did stray,

Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay,

Conversing with a bouncing lass, who seem'd to be in pain,

Saying, William, when you go, I fear you will ne'er return again.

                Derek fallowed the voice that seemed to bounce around and echo throughout the forest.

My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,

There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold.

                Derek finally came to the pond where he and his sister used to play.  He looked around, but the pond seemed to be covered in an unnatural fog.

Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be

Who love a jolly sailor bold that ploughs the raging sea,

While up aloft, in storm or gale, from me his absence mourn,

And firmly pray, arrive the day, he home will safe return.

                Derek squinted. On the rocks in the center of the pond…. He had to use his werewolf eyes to make sure he wasn’t seeing things. Sure enough, there was a woman on the rocks, and she had a tail.

My name it is Narissa, a merchant's daughter fair,

And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year,

My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,

There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold.

                Derek froze when he heard the name. He knew that Narissa smelled different. “Narissa!” he called out to her. She stopped singing. She looked over, and Derek swore he saw a smile. Narissa got off of her perch and swam towards Derek.

                There was something off about her. She wasn’t herself. That much Derek knew. Derek stepped a few feet into the water. Narissa circled him and giggles. “Derek. Why aren’t there any dolphins?” She asked him.

                “Narissa. Aren’t you cold? Maybe you should get out of the water.” He tried.

                She smiled and shook her head. “I can make the water hotter.” She smiled as she waved her hand. Derek looked around as some placed started to bubble due to the heat. Narissa’s face became hard as she glared out towards the rocks where she had been sitting. “Or I can make it freeze!” She clenched her fists. She let go and it went back to normal. Shem smiled again. “See Derek? The water is for me to command.” She motioned for him to come closer. Derek leaned in as she cupped her hands. “The moon told me so.” She whispered.