From Heroes to High School

Percy POV

******************

It was our first day of high school at Brooklyn Academy for the Gifted. I'll admit, I wasn't too thrilled that I'd be going back to a school I was most likely gonna blow up and/or be expelled from, but fortunately, most of the year-round campers would be going to BAG with me.

Annabeth, Leo, Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Nico, Clarisse, the Stolls, Katie Gardner, and I walked through the doors. All of our lockers were close to each other's. Mine was sandwiched in between Annabeth's and Nico's lockers. I put my stuff in my locker, and I helped carry Annabeth's books for her.

A ton of guys gawked at Annabeth, but she would occasionally kiss me on the cheek or snuggle next to me to show them she was mine and mine ALONE.

"How come your textbooks are so heavy?" I whined.

"I'm taking college classes, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said.

When I dropped Annabeth off at her first class, I headed off to physical education with Jason, Leo, and Frank.

"So...high school," Leo grinned like a maniac while looking at his schedule, "So many teachers and bullies to prank, so little time."

"I hope Piper won't get hit on by a bunch of other guys," Jason said.

"I hope Hazel understands all the modern technology," Frank added.

We finally got to the gym, and all of our jaws dropped when we saw who our teacher was: Gleeson Hedge, our satyr chaperone when we were on the Argo II.

"Hedge?!" Leo asked.

"Hey, Cupcakes!" Coach Hedge grinned. "How ya guys doin'? It's been a while since I left on paternity leave for my kid, Rose Hedge. Get changed and get out here for Capture the Flag."