epilogue

Four Years Later

Park Jimin had gotten the news a week late. He was really on the verge of committing suicide himself, but he promised himself to be strong. Jimin cried for three months straight, a long ninety days of puffy eyes, strangled voice, and messy hair.

His heart would cry for as long as he lived, however.

Jimin stepped out of his house as he accompanied Haejin to school. He regretted not being a part of her life for four years, and he wanted to make it up as much as he could. Jimin waved her goodbye with a smile on his face as she waved back to him, happy as always.

"Bye Jiminie!!" she said, and part of Jimin's heart broke.

Minnie. Jungkook would always call him that. Or rather, Kookie would call him that.

Nevertheless, Jimin mustered a smile and waved back, "have fun Haejin!" The minute she wandered out of sight, his smile dropped and he turned on his heels, headed to the place where he couldn't let go.

"I always remembered you liked Touch-Me-Nots. But I don't know, i feel like that doesn't fit you. You're so much more... deep, in depth. You brought the best month of my life and i love you for that," Jimin said as he faced the slab of marble stone that had endured polished through all these four years-mainly due to the fact that both Jimin and Mrs. Jeon came to clean it every once a month. It was always fun, crying with her, about his dead lover and her dead son. Because somehow they both loved Jungkook just the same.

"I think you'll like these instead," Jimin said softly, placing a bouquet of Morning Glories. "These flowers, they represent love in vain, almost like unrequited love. And supposedly they die in the afternoon so," he stopped to control his tears, "that's what we were like, huh? We lasted a short while but it was so beautiful and I will never be able to thank you enough for that, Kookie." Jimin stuffed his hands in his pockets and blinked. Something flew past his ear, the sound of wings catching his attention. Jimin looked ahead, unable to see anything but rows of grey, stone slabs.

Without realizing it, a butterfly had perched itself nicely on Jungkook's tombstone. What shocked Jimin more was the color of its wings.

It was an ombre color, from sky blue to peach pink.

For what seemed like the first time in four years, Jimin found himself genuinely smiling again. The butterfly turned around and flew away, and he too, turned his back and walked home, heading towards the sunlight, in hope of a new day, a new future. Because now he knew the love of his life wasn't gone. He just had to look closer.

"Thank you for your love, Jeon Jungkook."

-

And that's the end! Thank you all for being on this.. crazy journey with me

(also wow 150 reads thank you all!!)

thank you guys for reading again, and i'll see you in the next book ;)