Chapter 4 - The Homework

Milo's POV

My already existing blush from the kiss went 10x redder as I got off Bradley and stood up and stared at them, out of the corner of my eye, I could see Bradley blush as hard as a beetroot before cupping his face with his hands and groaned in annoyance and embarrassment. Then Melissa started to laugh loudly, actually doubled over, only making me blush harder and wince over the fact how embarrassing this was, while Zack just blushed bright and tried to compute what had just happened as Melissa says between laughs.

"S-Sorry! Did we catch you at a bad time?" Melissa taunts as she elbows as I blush harder, if that was even possible.

"Do you actually want us to leave and you two can get back to... that thing you were doing...?" Zack asks nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"No no, it's fine... What do you guys need?" I say, trying to regain myself as I chuckle nervously but I see that Bradley was silent and still hidden in his hands.

"We were supposed to be doing that Art project after school but we couldn't find you and you weren't answering you're calls but we knew you would be here, so here we are..." Zack explained and I take my phone out of my pocket to see that it was smashed, then I remembered the tiger incident on the way to the hospital.

"Oh yeah! Sorry it completely slip my mind! Do you have the stuff we need on you?" I ask, looking at them both as I place the broken phone back in my pocket.

"Yep," Zack replies, gesturing to his backpack on his back.

"Great! We can just start it here! You don't mind do you Bradley?" I say, looking down at him and he doesn't even look up from his hands.

"It's not like I own the room or anything," Bradley says but I couldn't tell if he was begin sarcastic or something so I just look at him, confused. (Autistic Milo for you there, just a head cannon tho)

He looks up at me finally, sighs, crossing his arms and adds, "That means sure, they can work here..."

"Thanks Bradley!" I grin at him and look over at the other two who were already on the floor, taking out art items from Zack's bag like paper, pencils, a sharpener, fine liners, etc

I joined them on the floor, my legs crossed. The reason why we were on the floor was because there wasn't any chairs or tables in the room except the one by the bed and we didn't want to share one chair together obviously and we didn't want two people to be left out and it was better down here anyway. Zack handed me my art book, which I must of forgotten or misplaced somewhere again, the book was used as a surface for the paper as the titles of the floor would effect the drawing. Zack was basically our planner, our storage or inventory, he knew us well enough that a boy and a girl who has the memory of a goldfish and the attention span of a millisecond, couldn't be trusted with anything they could lose. Put the book and paper on my knee and went to go get a pencil but then I hear a voice.

"So what are you guys suppose to be doing...?" Bradley asks, getting out of his bed and sat by my side and before I could reply, Zack grabbed a sheet from his backpack.

"It's on this sheet, we need to look at this anyway," he says, going to pass it to Bradley but then a bird swooped in through an open window, took the paper and flew back out before he could even grab it back.

"Welp... There goes the paper, I knew today was going too good..." I hear Zack mutter as we all stare at the window the bird flew in and out of, "Anybody know what it said on it?"

"Um... Well..." Me and Melissa muttered as we looked at each other, Zack sighed.

"I'm gonna take that as a no..." Zack says, sounding a bit annoyed and I bit my lip but guilt as I know it was most likely my fault.