Chapter 2: They're not all losers!

“Brought up, silver spoon mess. Always trying to tear her off her catholic dress. Told me, she’s over this place. Needs to feel the midwest wind in her face,” Kelli sang as she danced around her kitchen. She grabbed the spatula and began to sing into it.

“But the alcohol made its way down. She was the last thing that I saw last night before I hit the ground. Oh god, I did the wrong thing to the right girl. My mind was only in it for a minute. Had a bad fling with the good girl. I was stupid and dumb, not givin’ up. The blank stare out the window. If I could just sober up, if I could just admit I did the wrong thing to the rig—“ Kelli turned and broke off her singing. She stared at the half dressed guy standing in her kitchen. [AN: The song she is singing to is called “Right Girl” by The Maine. Check out the video I attached of the song for this chapter! I am constantly cranking up the tunes and dancing around my kitchen.]

“Am I interrupting something?” the guy asked as he scratched his washboard abs.

“Who the hell are you and why are you in my kitchen?” Kelli asked.

“You must be Tasha’s cousin Kelli. I just came down to get a glass of water.”

“I thought I told Tasha that she couldn’t have any more overnight guests.”

“Tasha was nice enough to let you stay here with her. I don’t think you get to tell her what to do,” the anonymous guy said as he began opening cupboards in search of a water glass. “Nice dance by the way.” Kelli’s cheeks bloomed as she slammed the spatula down on the counter.

“Tasha Nicole Richards!” Kelli screamed. “You have a lot of explaining to do!” Kelli marched up the stairs before pounding on the door to her guest room. She had been kind enough to let her cousin crash at her place while she got her life together. She was really starting to regret it. “Get up right now!” she screamed as she kicked the door open.

“Kelli, do you know what time it is?” Tasha asked as she stretched languidly in her bed. Kelli tossed her a robe and crossed her arms across her chest. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s noon Tasha,” Kelli snapped. “You should have been up hours ago searching for a job.” Tasha rolled her eyes. Kelli had only agreed to take her in because her mother had called and played to her sympathies. She had kept telling Kelli how she could be a good role model for her cousin who seemed to have lost track of her life. “Who is that grunting half-dressed male in my kitchen?”

“That’s Max. Isn’t he just dreamy?” Tasha asked as she put on the robe. “I think he could be the one.”

“Remember when we had that discussion about you not bringing ‘the one’ back to my house anymore? Why can’t you go to his place?”

“I thought you were just talking about David. And Max’s place is a little too crowded.”

“Crowded how?”

“He lives in his parent’s basement.”

“Such a winner. And why did you tell him this was your place?”

“I wanted to impress him?” Tasha asked with a shrug. Kelli sighed in exasperation. Why did her cousin have to be such a pain? “You need to relax Kel. When did you get so uptight?”

“Forgive me for being responsible,” Kelli drawled sarcastically. She glanced over to the dresser and her eyes nearly popped out of her head. She marched over and grabbed a small silver bracelet adorned with books. “Why do you have my bracelet?”

“Oh that? I borrowed it when we went to that concert to see what’s his name? Oh right, Mick.”

“His name is Nick, and I never gave you permission to borrow this. This was a gift from Jane when we first became friends.”