⫍ 01 ⫎

BEVERLY CARRINGTON WAS
dreading going back to high school without her best friend. Her head was clouded with thoughts about where Jason was, but she had to keep it filled in her head, not wanting to worry Cheryl more then she already is.

Jason had promised to call after a month, but he never did. She, along with the rest of the school didn't know what had happen to Jason but all she hoped was he had made it safety to where he was suppose to get to.

Beverly sits on Cheryl's Blossom's bed, staring at her reflection on the dark screen of her phone, awaiting a call from Jason as Cheryl sat in front of her dressing table. She took notice of Cheryl's frown in the mirror but kept herself from asking her about it.

Cheryl continues to stare at herself in the dresser mirror, not turning around. "Do you think they'll get suspicious if I don't shed any tears this week?" Not hearing a response from her best friend, she turns around and takes note of the way Beverly was staring blankly at her phone screen. "J.J is going to call us soon, he promised, he doesn't break any promises."

She furrows her brows, finally looking up at Cheryl. Beverly let's outs a sigh while running her fingers through her hair. "Y-you don't think anything happened to him, right?" Cheryl walks over to the edge of her bed, twirling the ends of her hair, not wanting to think about that certain scenario.

"Let's not think about that, we both have faith in him and that is all that matters," She grabs on of Beverly's hand and laces their hands together. "We're going to get through this."

Beverly nods, giving Cheryl a sad smile as the two prepared for a day full of sad faces and condolences from people they didn't know.

"When did Archie Andrews suddenly get so, hot?" Archie Andrews was the first person their eyes landed on when they arrived at the high school. It seemed he has gotten muscular over freshman year.

"Bev, we're suppose to be mourning not undressing Archie Andrews with our eyes," Cheryl gave her a little shove and nodded her head to the left. "But if Archie doesn't work out, there's someone I think you'll like."

She looked over to who Cheryl was acknowledging and to her surprise it was Reggie Mantle. "Reggie Mantle? You're kidding right, I'd rather date Moose," Beverly was kidding when she said she'd date Moose, he was the last guy she'd want to date but Reggie was right above him.

"I think you'll make a cute couple, and he hasn't stopped staring at you ever since you've walked through the doors," Cheryl wanted her best friend to grow out of their inner circle and be with someone that would make her feel special.

Beverly rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "You need to stop fantasizing and go prepare for that speech of yours. People really want to know if the semi formal is still happening."

"Right, the speech," Cheryl face dropped, she knew that this was the first time she was going to talk about Jason's death in front of the school and it wasn't going to a fun experience. "And don't forget what Jason told you," Cheryl whispered in her ear, before she disappeared in the crowd.

"Believe in yourself and go for it," Beverly whispered to herself. Tears brimmed her eyes, and she didn't realize how much she had missed Jason until it hit her, right at this moment. She couldn't be going this at school, just not today.

"Bev, Bev, Beverly," She felt a pinch against her arm, knocking her back to reality. "What is wrong with you?" Standing in front of her was, Moose Mason, first class idiot. He was giving her strange stares, until he noticed the tears clouding her eyes. "Don't tell me you're crying."

She briskly wiped away the tears that managed to escape with the back of her hand. "Something got in my eye. So, how was your summer?" Beverly quickly changed the subject, not wanting to think about the certain summer event.

"Let's just say girls, booze and entering private property," Moose responds, distinctly hinting towards something sexual.

"You're gross," she utters, showing her annoyance with the jock, before heading towards Reggie and Archie.

"Archie, seems you've grown quite a bit over the summer," Archie was taken aback for a second, Beverly Carrington rarely spoke a word to him and if she did, it was for answers on the homework. This only proves that appearances did change things.

"Oh, hey Beverly, you've changed too," he replied, not knowing what else to say to her.

Reggie cleared his throat, annoyed that the blond has yet acknowledged him. "My summer was good too, thanks for asking."

Beverly turned to face the annoyed jock, and her face scrunches in dissatisfaction. "Right, can't forget about athletically gifted, Reginald Mantle." She sarcastically hints.

"It was nice seeing you again, see you later Archie," She gave him a little wave, and starts walking to the gymnasium where Cheryl was going to give her speech.

Reggie stared at the Blossom twins long time best friend as she trotted away, not giving him a second glance. It was strange to him that Beverly didn't feel any attraction towards him like most girls did at Riverdale. For that reason, he needed her in his life.

"Beverly, wait up!"