5 Year Old Lily: Part 4

A/N: I'm a jerk for not updating in a little over a month. So, just a heads up, there should be more parts now. When Lily was 6 months old and 2 years old, there were only two parts in each cause I felt like there wasn't much to say in those ages but still felt like I needed to have them in the book. Now that she's five and getting older, there will be more parts. 

Also, @XxQween_Of_StarsXx was so nice and offered to make a cover for the book. I love it. What do you guys think?

 What do you guys think?

Lily's P.O.V

When we got to our cabin I couldn't contain the excitement that was bubbling inside me. The cabin is probably my favorite place in the whole entire world. I keep my head turned towards the window next to me as daddy pulls up to our cabin and into the garage. Before daddy even shuts off the car, I already have unbuckled myself from my car seat. When I knew the car was off, I opened the car door and hopped out.

Levi and Jay come out behind me and each one grab a hold of one of my hands. Giggling, I start swinging our hands back and forth as we walk towards the back of the car. When we get to the back of the car, I see daddy opening up the trunk. My brothers start taking our bags out of the car when daddy says, "Why don't you guys go on ahead inside and put your things in your rooms? I need to...chat with someone." I'm a little sad that we just got here and daddy is already going off to do something else.

I noticed my brothers nod as Sy came over to me and grabbed my hand. With his free hand, he grabbed two bags and started pulling me into the cabin. "Sy?" I ask looking up at him once we were inside. Sy looks down at me with a small smile and nodded, waiting for me to continue. "Why did daddy have to go talk to someone? I thought we were on vacation?"

Sy sighed as we started making our way upstairs, the rest of our brothers coming up behind us. We got to the top of the stairs when Sy stopped. Alec, Jay, and Levi walked past us, giving Sy a weird look. He set the suitcases down and bent down so he was my height. "You know how at home we have all those men walking around wearing all black?" Nodding, I waited for him to continue. "Those men are like security guards. Daddy has those men around to make sure we are safe. So, whenever we go somewhere, daddy has to make sure they're all set up to keep us safe. That is why he had to go talk to someone right when we got here."

"Oh, okay." I'm still a little sad about it but Sy made me feel better saying he only does this to keep us safe.

Sy stood back up and we started walking down the hall. "I'm going to put dad's suitcase in his room, then go find him and see if maybe we can go play outside." That made me feel very happy. I really want to go play outside and I think Sy could see that because I am bouncing up and down with excitement. "Calm down Lils, I said maybe, dad has to say yes." Sy said.

We made it to daddy's room and Sy set down his suitcase. "Alright Lils, why don't you go to your room and start unpacking? I'll go find one of your other brothers and tell them to help you." Sy said as we walked out of daddy's room.

"I can unpack all by myself. I'm a big girl." I huffed crossing my arms as I marched to my room across from daddies. When I walked in I saw my scooby-doo suitcase. Going over to it, I opened it up and start taking my clothes out and putting it in the dresser.

"Uh, you started unpacking without me Lilypie

"Uh, you started unpacking without me Lilypie." Alec gasps walking into my room.

Huffing again I told him, "I'm a big girl. I can do it myself." I went back to picking up my clothes and putting them in the drawer.

"I know you're a big girl Lilypie but I want to help." Alec says as he starts picking up some of my clothes. I didn't say anything after that, we just unpacked my suitcase.

Victor's P.O.V

"So Lily seems to notice that whenever we go somewhere, right when we get there you go to talk to someone." Sylas says as we make our way upstairs. I stiffen a bit. From the moment she was born, I promised myself I was going to do everything I can to shield her as much as possible from what I do as a living. But now that she's getting older, she's starting to notice things like the men I have stationed at our house. I am dreading the day I have to tell her what I do for a living.

"Don't worry, I just told her that the only reason you do this is to keep us safe and that the men she usually sees are like security guards." Sylas said and I could feel myself relax some with that. We made our way towards the stairs and just as I turn a corner to head upstairs I hear, "Daddy!" and then a tiny, little body is hugging me. I stagger back a little at the shock but compose myself quickly tightening my arms around my little angel.

I open my mouth to speak to her but she beats me to it. "Can we go play outside!?" she exclaims with wide eyes.

"Of course we can go play outside but we can only play for a little bit because it's going to get dark soon." I told her and she nodded her head up and down before gesturing for me to put her down. When I did she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the backyard door. Unlocking the door, we head outside.