1

I'm sick of it. Sick of school, sick of doctor's appointments, sick of my parents. Most of all, I'm sick of being sick.

I was diagnosed exactly 1 month and 3 days after my 10th birthday. I was taking a quick nap on the couch, after an exhausting day of gymnastics, I had worked my butt of practicing in the gym, the semifinals were in 3 weeks! I woke up in a cold sweat as if I had a nightmare, but I remember clearly that I woke up, without anybody doing anything. I immediately started panicking, I had a terrible headache, I couldn't think, and it felt like a bullet had been shot through my head. I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

My parents rushed me to the car, and my mom sat in the backseat with me, clutching my hand as hard as she could, telling me to breathe. 

I must have passed out, because the next thing I know I'm laying on a gurney, and there is a machine next to me with tubes popping out into my nose, wrists, and stomach.

I look around a bit, and see my parents, my 2 siblings, and Sophie (my 2nd best friend in the whole world) sitting on either a small (3) person couch or a folding metal chair. They are all looking down, and it takes me a moment to realize they are crying. The must not know that I'm awake. I fall back asleep.

 When I wake up a nurse feeds me some soup, then a doctor comes in. They whisper something with my parents, then the doctor tells me everything. 

I have brain cancer.