Chapter Sixteen: The Aftermath

Slowly, your eyes opened, a bright light blinding you for a few seconds. The light moved off and you quickly realised that it was a torch. The person holding it must have been waiting for you to wake up. Your joints were stiff and screamed in pain when you tried moving your arms and legs.

It was unclear how long you'd been unconscious but it couldn't have been that long. A thick rope tied you to a chair and there was more of it around your legs and hands. You weren't about to be going anywhere any time soon. The man holding the torch leant down and it gave you the opportunity to see his face.

You didn't recognise him but something told you that this was Seb. He gave you a thin smile and then straightened up, walking over to a chair in the corner of the room that you hadn't noticed before. The door opposite you swung open with a clang and there before you stood Jim. Or rather, Moriarty.

In a few strides he was directly in front of you, his dark eyes analysing everything about you.
"Who are you? Are you working for someone? What makes you important?" He asked finally and you almost snorted at the irony of it. Here was a man who had once been your old school friend and was now a raging psychopath. You straightened up a little and looked him fully in the eye.
"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

Moriarty shrugged but continued to watch you with interest. You decided you'd enough of his silence so broke it.
"How long have I been here?" However instead of Moriarty answering the man who you assumed to be Seb did.
"A couple of hours. I don't think Sherlock's coming to save you." You shot him a glare but then smirked.
"And who are you? I'm sure I can guess but I want to be certain." You were surprised at how confident you sounded, especially since you were being held captive by a criminal.

Seb stood up and walked towards you, a frown on his face. Moriarty had moved away from where you were tied up  and was leaning against the wall. His eyes had never left you though as he continued to study your every movement.
"Why?" Seb began "Who do you think I am?" He was now leaning down in a way to make himself appear more intimidating. For some reason though it didn't seem to have any effect on you and you just smiled a little.

"I'm fairly certain you are Moriarty's buddy Seb." Judging by the scowl that the man before you wore you guessed you were correct.
"That's Moran to you." Moran was then pushed to the side my Moriarty as he came back over to you. Despite the gloominess of the room you were able to make out a confused but amused expression that plastered the criminal's face.
"You called me Moriarty." You shrugged and looked down at the floor, taking in the grime that covered it.
"You aren't Jim."

Once again an eerie silence fell over the room but this time you weren't about to object to it. Even though your movements were somewhat restricted you could still manoeuvre you arm in a way that allowed you to glance down at your watch and take in the time. Nearly half past two. No wonder you were tired.
"Look," you sighed, shifting uncomfortably in the chair "this has been fun and all but as neither of you are talking and I'm getting quite bored over here perhaps you could let me go."

Moriarty smirked and beckoned Moran over to him. He whispered something in his ear and then pointed to you. Moran nodded slowly and then walked back over, untying you from the chair but not loosening the ropes around your  wrists. You stood up painfully, stretching out your legs.
"So, what now?"

Moran snarled which startled you, making you take a quick step back.
"Don't speak to my boss that way." Moriarty placed a hand against Moran's chest, effectively stopping him from coming any closer towards you,
"It's alright Sebastian, she doesn't know any better. I was her friend only a few hours ago."

You scowled at this but said nothing. Moriarty leaned down close to your ear.
"I'm going to let you go. Tell Sherlock-" he paused, "-tell Sherlock that I'll see him very soon." He then stepped away as Moran approached with a cloth. You rolled your eyes as he pressed it to your face, once again sending you into a deep slumber.

---------------------------

You were rudely awoken by someone shaking your shoulder. Through barely open eyes you saw Moran lean across you and open a door you hadn't realised you were sat next to. At a second glance around the compact space you worked out that you were in a car.

Moran smirked devilishly as the car slowed to a halt and he pushed open the door. Without warning he shoved you out, sending you sprawling onto the pavement. He laughed mirthlessly as the car drove away and was soon out of sight. The chloroform was still having some effect on you as you staggered down the street.

Moriarty must have had some decency inside his ice cold heart as Moran had dropped you only a few streets away from your flat, much to your surprise. Finally you came in sight of Baker St and not long after that you located 221b. You slumped against it in exhaustion, barely managed to raise your hand and knock weakly on the door.

Luckily, someone must have heard it because footsteps approached the door and it swung open quickly.
"Y/N?" You looked up to see John's face peering down at you worriedly. He grabbed you by the arm and dragged you inside.
"Where have you been? We called the police over an hour ago but they couldn't find you." You shook your head in an effort to form the words you so badly needed to say.
"M-Moriarty."

John nodded, seeming to understand as he half-carried you into his flat. Sherlock sat up quickly when he saw you and John entering. He moved off the sofa he'd been laying on previously so that you could lie down.
"We should call an ambulance." John said firmly. You protested with a groan.
"No I'm fine, it's just the...chloroform. Yeah the chloroform."

Sherlock was hovering near you, a worried expression across his face.
"Y/N, John might be right. He is a Doctor after all." John shot him a grateful look and turned back to you.
"Exactly, he's a Doctor, he can help. I don't want an ambulance." Your speech was a little slurred but they seemed to understand what you meant.

They sighed but nodded.
"Fine, but I'm keeping you up here until you're less drugged. Are you hurt at all?" John asked, examine your face and hands carefully. You shook your head, even the smallest movement exhausting you.
"I don't think so." You replied, closing your eyes. John double checked you for any signs of bleeding or bruises but could find nothing.

"I'm pretty sure you're okay, it's the effect of the chloroform that's left." With your eyes still closed you grunted a noise of affirmation and turned onto your side. Sherlock hadn't spoken in a while, as he continued to watch you worriedly. John touched his shoulder gently.
"C'mon, let Y/N sleep."

Sherlock followed John reluctantly out of the lounge area and towards their separate bedrooms.
"I'm sure she'll be fine in the morning." John said, trying to reassure his best friend. Sherlock merely nodded and walked into his room without a word.

The former army doctor sighed and glanced back along the corridor to where you were, already peacefully fast asleep.

My gosh it's been ages, I'm very sorry. Writer's block has been quite frustrating over the past few days. Plus I was in London last week and then we had people visiting so it's all been very hectic. Anyways, I don't have much more to say other than that I hope you enjoyed this and it met to your satisfactions. It's kinda a filler chapter I guess (idk) but whatever.

Baiiii-L