Chapter One: Nightmares

Chapter One; Nightmares

"Now, as we were talking, we shall finish the book by tomorrow! Now, study and memorize it for a test tomorrow on it! Thank you!"

"Too much to do don't you think?"

"Emerald?"

"Yes?"

"I told you, that it's too much don't you think?"

"Of course. Always" she smiles and looks down. I sigh and walk towards the exit.

"So are you ready for tomorrow?"

"What will happen tomorrow?" I ask while grabbing my bag. Crissie looks down and bits her lip.

"Well, weren't we suppose to go to that-"

"Oh yes! The opera! I forgot, excuse me. We should"

"Yeah" I smile at her and go and grab my shades and pull them on.

"So I will see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes. Bye!"

"Goodbye..." I whisper and start walking to my house.

Once I reached it, I open the door lightly -trying not to make a lot of noise- and look around.

"Mom?" I ask while closing the door behind me. "Mom?" I ask once again. I sigh and start walking towards the kitchen. I instantly see two long and striped white sheets. I furrow my brows and narrow my eyes. I walk towards it and grab them carefully. I pull them in-front of me and look at it closely. My eyes instantly widen in shock. And my brows pull themselves up, up to my black hair.

"No way..." I whisper and drop the apple I was holding. "No way at all!" I cover my mouth with two fingers and start running. I run to my mom's bedroom. I knock at it impatient. Grinning.

"Mom?" I ask. No answer. I put my ear on the door and listen. No. Nothing. I put my lips on a straight line and swirl the door knob. When I open it the room is all pitch black. "Mom. Are you here?" I ask while looking around. She probably went out. But when I turn around the door closes. I furrow my brows and sigh. Maybe the air conditioner was too hard. I go over to it with my both hands extended in-front of me since I couldn't see anything. I go and walk towards where I'd figure it will be. But when I reach where I "thought" it will be, I can't touch anything. I bit my lower lip and walk over to the wall. Again nothing. I look around, until I start getting chills. I hug myself with both of my hands. But suddenly, I start getting this feeling. This feeling that I can't quite explain. It was a mixture of everything. Passion, love, lust, fear, terror, chills, heat, sadness. It was a mixture of two powerful feelings together. I start feeling something on my neck, I swirl around and my hair hits my face.

"Someone? Mom?" I whisper softly and try my best to look around. I start walking backwards until I hit something hard and smooth. The wall. I grab it with both of my hands and move to the right, sliding. I move my right hand up and down to feel something, but nothing. I start sliding once again to the right and do the same with my hand. Not so soon until I feel something round and hard. I grab it and a sigh of relief escapes my lips. I grab it and turn it. But it does not open. I try once more, until reality hits me. You're turning it the wrong way. It's the other way. A voice inside me says. Oh... I tap myself on the forehead and try it to the other side. I swirl it and it a flash of light captures my eyes. Another sigh of relief escapes my lips. I breathe in and out. I rush over to it and pull the door open and I see again myself on the hallway. I back against the wall and fall down. Wow, what was that? I close my eyes and start thinking. Until, I open my eyes and see someone in-front of me.

"AH!" I scream as loud by the sudden abrupt moment.

"Hey it's me, calm down" my brother says as he bends down to my level.