Monty #1

I giggle loudly, the noise piercing the sudden quiet that we had. Me and Monty are currently hidden in a closet at the back of one of the herb gardens. Using some herbs. Some absolute great herbs. I feel absolutely great. I feel like I'm currently floating on air, grasping on to Monty who is one of my best friends.

"Shush" He giggles. "We don't know if someone else is in here."

We peer around the door together, and when we don't notice anyone, we fall back into the closet giggling. I land on his chest, his arms wrapping around me. I don't know whether it's just being high or what, but his skin against mine seems electric. He places his head on top of mine, and sighs contentedly. My head no longer feels as fuzzy and I can feel my body coming down from the high, the closet situation not seeming as funny anymore. I sigh as well, knowing full well that we risked too much by getting high today. After all it was only just 2 days ago that Jasper was with us, and we can't have anyone noticing what's going missing. I pull away so that I'm facing him and draw my knees to my chest.

"Today was too risky, we're going to have to wait longer now."

He frowns and plays with the hem of his shirt. "I guess, if that's what you want."

"What's the matter?"

He darts a look at me through his dark eyelashes, and straight away looks to the floor. "It's just, sometimes I wonder – if – you know – if –"

"Monty spit it out." I touch his hand hoping to comfort him. "You can tell me anything."

He eyes fixate on where our hands are touching and it seems to give him confidence to talk as the next words fall out of his mouth. "Sometimes I wonder if you only hang out with me so that I can get you drugs." My mouth falls open at the impact from his words and I withdraw my hand as I if I had been stung. Because his words did sting. How could he think that I would use him like that? Does he think so little of me? And how did I ever make that impression on him? An uncomfortable silence falls on us. "I shouldn't have said anything, I'm sorry." He pulls his knees into his chest, locking himself away and refusing to meet my eyes.

"Monty, of course not." I rush to say, somehow not being able to find the proper words to explain how much he means to me. "I- I, Monty you mean so much to me." He looks at me, hope blossoming in his eyes as a small smile forms on his lips. I can't find any more words, so I let actions do the talking instead. I smash my lips onto his. Getting high is nothing compared to this. Nothing compared to the feeling of him kissing me back and wrapping his arms around me. I smile into it, and pull away to rest our foreheads together.