(T.W.I.O.Y) 1.

Jayden's POV
I opened my eyes and groaned, I've been on my own lately and the only time I sleep is when my body can't take it anymore and just crashes. It's very dangerous but I doubt I'd find other survivors in this shit show of what's left of the world.

It's been three years since the outbreak and I've become stone, I've seen people die and I have innocent blood on my hands. I have to be stone because if I let any emotion in ill break.

I had to shoot my father because he was infected, and my little sister went off with my mother and never came back. I also had to shoot a man in his thirties because he tried to steal my supplies...

I can't keep going like this,.. if I don't find survivors soon I'll have to stop fighting...

I met up with a group a few months ago and I was beaten and locked away because I kept telling them I didn't have a group and they wouldn't believe me... I escaped... I can still feel pains all over my body but there mostly in my arm and wrist.

My eyes became heavy and I mentally screamed at myself to stay awake...

I snapped in and out of consciousness.
"Is she infected?"
~no~ I thought
"She she alive?"
~please say no...~
"Pick her up-"
I passed out again..

I woke up in fear, I was breathing heavily. The building I was in looked familiar. The posters on the wall and the lockers around, plus a banner with my name on it hung, it all looked old, and decayed...
"High school"
I whispered to myself. I was 16 when the outbreak started and I was just after leaving this place... wait that means I've been walking in circles the last few years, because the people who found me couldn't have walked far with me...

The sun was almost set and I heard whispers from outside the main hallway and I started shaking, I feared humans more then those things...
"She's young"
Said a male
"She can't stay if she's not alone, plus we can't trust her.."
Said another male voice it was deeper.
"Just let her rest.. she can leave in the morning..."
said another, so there where at least three males put there
"SHE WAS ASLEEP IN THE FUCKING GROUND OBVIOUSLY SHES ALONE"
Said the first voice
"Sean... calm down, we will talk about this later... someone needs to check on her and keep an eye to her. If she wakes up and tries something we need to teach her a lesson... I know she's a person but we need to survive..."
Said the deep voice.

I started shaking harder and stood up, while grabbing my bag, I realized it was lighter... ammo... food... weapons... all my stuff, gone.. only a few useless things left...
"Looking for your things?" Said one of the men, he had black hair and black earring things... I looked at him in complete fear
"I-.... I.."
I couldn't get the words out. This was the first time I opened my mouth in a while to speak. He walked closer and I walked back with my hands up, I felt defenceless... I got flashes of memories from being beaten. I couldn't stop shaking and it was obviously really visible. A tear slipped from my right eye, fuck... emotions..

"P-please... I-..."
Hearing my voice was weird, I tripped over the stairs in the main hall and fell on my bad arm. I screamed in pain, still letting tears slip from my eyes and my voice come out of my mouth... I was still terrified ... he didn't even touch me and I'm already hurt.
"Hey!"
He yelled and jumped to my side as the two other males came running out. I was holding my arm tight and when he reached for it I flinched away once more
"What's your name?...."
one of the men asked, his hair was green and his Irish accent was thin.
"J-....."
I took a deep breath
"Jayden..."
I said quietly. He didn't quiet hear me... I pointed to the banner, i was shaking so bad they all felt a bit sympathetic. The green haired male looked at the banner and smiled
"Jayden Rhys..."
I simply nodded
"I'm not trying to sound rude but why won't you speak,... and why are you so fucking scared. Where not them.."
Said the last deep voiced male, he had red hair. I looked at the ground
"I haven't really talked..... in a while..."
at least they knew I wasn't mute
"I-I'll get out of your.... your hair just don't harm me..."
I stuttered hard. The man with green hairs smile faded
"We can talk about this tomorrow... the others should be back soon and then someone will look at your arm... your weapons and supplies are safe... but we took them so you wouldn't do anything rash..."
I nodded once more
The guy with red hair reached into his pocket and pulled out a phone.
"They'll be back in the next half hour..."
I guess when everything went to hell no one bothered to turn off the wifi or the service.
"So this was your old high school?"
The green haired man asked trying to take my focus off of my arm., so I nodded
"I'm 19...meaning I was only 16 when the break out happened M-my birthday was a few weeks ago... 2 I think.."
I continued, I shifted my weight and whimpered once more in pain
"Has it always been this bad?"
Asked the dark haired one.
"It was getting better... It happened a few months ago..."
I started to get a bit more comfortable with hearing my own voice.
"It might be broken... I'm surprised you where still able to fight and be on your own like that... what happened anyways.."
asked the red head
"I- I don't... I can't talk about it..."
I wasn't ready, it was one to open up, it was another to open up to stranger said who could use it to my weakness... plus if I told them that, they'd know about the man I killed for no reason... the father... my father... who I shot for getting infected... I couldn't..
"I'm sorry... I just..."
I sat up and sighed pulling my body close
"I'll wrap it up for you... temporarily..."