Part 3

Zuho's P.O.V

I was back at the HQ, on my way to the director's office.

I've been observing the girl for 3 day already and I'm 100% certain that she's not the kind of person to commit any kind of crime.

She's just a poor, frightened girl.

She doesn't look like she's even capable to hate anyone.

I stopped at the director's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" The director answered and I reached for the handle and opened the door.

"Ah Zuho, why are you back so early? Is it to prove the suspect guilty?" He said, as he sat on his office chair.

"No, in fact I'm back to tell you why she's innocent." I said, annoyed by now.

"Well she might be innocent now but you can only say that she's innocent in 1 month, it only been 3 days. But since I'm in a good mood today, I'll let you speak and maybe convince me."

I took out 2 discs, and handed them to the director.

One of the discs is the CCTV recordings of Lee Yuri, and the other one is the voice recording of when I talked with Yuri in the ally.

After looking through the discs, the director looked at me. "And what do you want to prove through this?"

"Can't you see that this is just a poor, frightened, innocent girl which has no idea of what's going on."

"Well, maybe. But she might as well be acting?"

Suddenly, something came to mind.

I stepped closer and grabbed the director by the collar. "Are you sure it wasn't you who killed those people, and now you are trying to blame the innocent girl?"

The director smiled, as he pushed my hand down. "So you've figured it out? Great job, but trust me, no one will believe you."

"We'll see about that." I said, as I walked out, slamming the door behind me.

Now I must put all my time on protecting you, Lee Yuri.

I broke into a sprint.

At the park, I saw Lee Yuri crying. She lifted her head slightly, and instantly stood up, ready to run away again.

I ran up to her and managed to grab her hand.

She struggled weekly, but I pulled her into a tight hug. "It's okay. Calm down." I said, as I stroke her hair gently.

She buried her face in my chest, as she started to cry even harder.

After a while, she finally calmed down.

I realised her from the hug, and lifted her face slightly, so I could have looked at her.

She looked worn out.

"What happened? Why were you crying?" I asked as softly, as it was possible.

"It's nothing. I just feel like there is someone following me, and the feeling doesn't go away."

I looked at her, not knowing what to do. "Don't worry. I'll protect you no matter what." I said as I once again hugged the poor girl.

Yuri's P.O.V

Without knowing what to do anymore, I stopped at the bench and sat down.

"What's happening?" I tried to figure it out.

I lifted my knees to my chest, as the tears began flowing uncontrollably.

I'm scared.

I'm tiered.

I don't know what to do anymore.

I feel so powerless.

Suddenly, I heard someone walk in my direction.

It was Zuho.

I stood up as fast and turned around, as fast as possible.

What if it's him?

What if he is the person watching me all the time?

I was just about to run, when he caught my hand.

I struggled to get my hand free, but he pulled me closer and hugged me tightly.

Somehow I felt secure. I felt safe.

"It's okay. Calm down." He said softly, as he gently stroked my hair.

I don't know why, but the tears began flowing even harder, I was unable to control it anymore.

I burst out crying, as I buried my face in Zuho's chest.

When I managed to calm down, Zuho realised me from the hug, and gently lifted my head. "What happened, why were you crying?" He asked softly.

I tried lowering my head, but I couldn't. He was still holding my chin.

"It's nothing. I just feel like there is someone following me, and the feeling doesn't go away." I answered shyly.

Still holding my chin, he looked me in the eyes. "Don't worry. I'll protect you no matter what." He said, before pulling me into a hug again.

"Yuri, I need to tell you something, but promise me you'll listen until I'm done." He said, still hugging me.

He realised me from the embrace, as he waited for my answer.

I nodded, a little confused.

"Promise." He raised his voice slightly.

"I-I promise."

He sat me on the bench, and then sat next to me.

"I'm one of the spies working for FNC company. You were suspected of killing the people that killed your parents a while ago, and I was sent on the, e undercover mission to get as much information on you as possible." He paused for a while. Allowing me time to take everything in.

Was he the person constantly watching me?

"I know what you're thinking, and I'm sorry to admit it, but yes, I was the person who was following you for a while. But just a while ago, I managed to prove you innocent and just managed to find the person responsible for the crime... That person was the director of my HQ." He said, as he looked me deep in the eyes, examining my reaction.

Without a word, I stud up.

I just ran past him.

"I'm not finished!" He shouted.

I stopped in my tracks, not daring to look back.

"The director is desperate to put all the blame on you, and trust me, you have no idea of what he's capable of."

Not looking back, I went on my way.

"Lee Yuri! I'll tell you when I'm done. For now, listen what I have to say!" He shouted, furious.

I stopped and looked at him.

"I'm fired anyways. Please let me protect you."

I looked at him for a while. "How can I be sure that you're not lying? How can I be sure that you're not just trying to regain my trust?" Tears began to run down my cheeks.

Furiously, he looked at me, as he speed walked in my direction.

He stopped right in front of me. "Because...." All of a sudden he leaned in and kissed me on the lips.

My eyes widen.

He pulled away. "....I love you, Yuri. I'm desperate to keep you safe. I want you always by my side... Are those good enough reasons for you to trust me?"

Speechless, I nodded.

THE END