11 | Begin Rescue Operations

There was a slight movement as the boat set off from the harbour, making the captured girls as much queasy as they were uneasy

There was a slight movement as the boat set off from the harbour, making the captured girls as much queasy as they were uneasy. It seemed the boat had begun to move, and they were now heading towards their certain doom. Or if some of the people present had anything to do with it, their doom would evolve into something of an uncertainty.

Ailee tried to rise to her feet, unsteady as she was, but alas it only resulted in failure and her plummeting to the ground. She winced as her tender bruises struck the cold, wooden floor.

It appeased her disappointment, when she heard a rustling sound coming from her right. Ailee curiously turned her head, but she was blindfolded so she wasn't sure on what it was that was producing the noise.

After a minute of silence, it soothed her when she heard Yoon exclaim, "Ao, hurry!"

After that, she felt the ropes at her wrists loosen as they fell away and her blindfold was lifted from her eyes. When her eyes adjusted to the near-darkness, she saw Yoon and Yona in front of her, worry painted both of their faces.

Without uttering a word they assisted the battered girl to her feet and sat her up against the wall, making sure that she was comfortable and not in a lot of pain, they then reassured the girl that everything was going to be fine.

And then as if sensing something was amiss in the cell, a guard opened the door and yelled, "hey! What's all the commotion?"

Seeing that there wasn't anything amiss the guard was confused and was unawares that Yoon had snuck up behind him, who blew a small pipe releasing a tranquilliser dart knocking out the guard.

With the door wide open, Yona and Yoon saw this as a chance for them to escape the room.

Ailee slumped against the wall and in her heart she wished them good luck, before passing out.

Up on deck, the fighting had already begun. Blood flowed along the wooden boards and the smell permeated in the air, invading the noses of those fighting. Countless bodies already littered the floor and more were still coming.

The pirates couldn't even have a moment to catch their breath before they were thrown into yet another battle. It was never ending.

The ones not having trouble were the four dragons and the Thunder Beast...

"Which one is Kum-Ji? I'll kill him!" yelled Kija, flexing his clawed arm.

"Don't make yourself faint, white snake," retorted Hak and then shouted to the Blue Dragon, "Shin-Ah! Where's the princess?"

"I don't see her," he replied. "But there are many men here, it seems Kum-Ji hired a lot of mercenaries. Given he's hired so many, he's serious about crushing us this time."

Two mercenaries were listening to the commotion up above and engaging in idle chit-chat. Mid-sentence, the dark-haired mercenary noticed a woman (Yoon), standing at the entrance to the corridor nonchalantly waving at them.

"A-a woman has escaped!" he cried, startling his companion. At that moment the 'woman' turned and started down the corridor.

Yoon ran and motioned to Yona and the other girl who aided them, as he made it to the end of the corridor. Yona and the girl somehow removed the bindings on the wine barrels causing them to tumble forwards and crush the two still-chasing mercenaries.

Although they had overcome the two mercenaries, what they didn't count on was the other men hearing the ruckus. Then they came running to suss out what was going on.

When they saw the encroaching group of men, they took to their feet and ran as fast as they could in the opposite direction.

Yona grabbed the signal out of Yoon's pocket and held it up to a flaming sconce, launching it above her in an open space, signalling to Hak and the others where they were.

"You bitch!" One of the men caught up and yanked Yona's arm causing her to stumble. He placed a sandaled foot on her head and pulled her arm back, threatening to snap it. Yoon couldn't help but shout out. Ultimately being ignored, as the guy raised his sword above Yona's head.

Before the guy's sword could fall on her pale neck, they heard a yell:

"Stop!"

A blaze of light lit up their surroundings as the floor above them collapsed, a person's figure contrasted against the light as it dropped to the ground. The surroundings became clearer as they got used to the light and a green-haired, handsome youth appeared before them.

Jae-Ha.

He grinned at Yona and said, "you really pulled it off. How cool is that?"

Afterwards he looked about him and his smiling expression visibly dimmed, before completely disappearing. A cold but worried glint shone in his eyes as he slowly asked, "where's Ailee?"

"She's back there." Yoon pointed in the room's direction. Then he helped Yona to her feet - the guard had been so frightened that he had unwittingly released her.

Jae-Ha nodded his thanks and then took off towards the room.

He was coming for his girl.