Imagine for Anonymous (1d - doctor)

Another imagine that's over a year old. So sorry!
Thought I'd let you know that this one has Zayn in it by the way.

I do hope you liked it though!

Priya's POV:

It had been much more than a year since I last had a medical checkup. My reasoning: I was afraid, no, terrified. Of needles, doctors, or pretty much anything to do within the medical field.

My boyfriend, Zayn, knew of my fears, knew how emotionally distressed I became when hearing anything about medical. However, he still consistently badgered me about not keeping up with vaccines or well-visit exams.

Although, he has suspiciously been quiet for a few months, making me question what was going on or what would be happening. Did he setup some elaborate scheme to get me to come into the office?

Thoughts played around in my head, but eventually disappeared when I realized that Zayn wouldn't do that. Would he

I was indeed right, because he did that exact thing.

Essentially, I was at home when he had called me, with a story that there was too much paperwork but he still wanted to see me. I was reluctant to agree at first, but soon decided I wanted to see him too.

After the mental and emotional preparation whilst sitting in the parking lot, I went inside. The waiting room and main hallway was eerily silent, an unsettling feeling settled in my stomach.

It was then that I realized this was a setup, but it was too late, as Zayn's friend Harry (yet another doctor), rounded a corner and immediately smiled at the sight of me.

"Didn't think you'd exactly come," he laughed. "Zayn's in room 2 by the way. I'll walk ya there." I found it strange that he was escorting me there, when I knew where to go perfectly; but there was quite a few things about this visit that was already strange.

Greeted by Zayn's smiling face and a quick kiss to the lips, he picked me up and placed me on the table, quickly shutting the door after Harry entered the room as well.

"So whilst we were going through our charts today, we stumbled upon yours and noticed it's been a while since your last checkup," Zayn began. Almost immediately I hopped off the table and dashed towards the door, but my attempts were halted by Harry.

"I'm okay, honest, just please.. don't make me do this." Zayn's face softened and he pulled me into an embrace.

A kiss on my forehead made me pull away. "Baby, I know you're afraid, but this is important for you. If it wasn't then I wouldn't even bother."

Tears began to fill in my eyes at the mention of his words. I didn't want to go through with this at all, but ultimately knew I wouldn't have much of a choice when it came to Zayn. As it was he was already protective of my health.

Lifting me up carefully and returning me back onto the exam table, he wiped away my tears softly and gave me yet another kiss to my forehead.

Whilst being 'distracted' by Zayn (unbeknownst to me), my vitals were taken by Harry, who was sure to voice on how my pulse was too fast and I needed to relax.

Zayn tried to discretely move his hands to my neck, in order to take his pulse himself, but I had caught on to his attempt; with a hard glare sent his way. But it wasn't worth it as he proceeded to do so anyways.

When I was finally relaxed enough for Zayn to continue his work, he did so. Quickly looking in my eyes, ears, nose and mouth, followed by listening to my heart and lungs.

Once he was finished he went back to the chart laid open on the counter, writing in it. It was then that I noticed Harry had left the room, which to me felt like another suspicious gesture to me.

"Where'd Harry go," I asked. However, if I had known what his answer was going to be, I would've never spoken a word.

Because he soon returned with a tray, immediately I knew what was on there no matter how much they tried to hide it. Needles.

"No, I'm not doing this, Zayn, you can't do this to me." I felt myself beginning to panic, breaths feeling labored.

Zayn's facial expression changed into a more sympathetic one. "Baby, please. It's two quick pinches and then we can go home, promise."

At first I was hesitant, wondering if being poked would really be worth it in the long? Eventually I would need to get this done another time, and I doubt Zayn was keen on allowing me to leave.

Ultimately, he had won this time.

As I pulled my sleeve up, in order to get this completed with as soon as possible; however, Zayn seemed to have different ideas than mine.

"Baby.. these go in your hip muscles." Of course they would, because when it came to getting vaccines, nothing ever went to plan; so why would this appointment?

Ultimately, it ended up with Harry having to hold me down as Zayn did the injections. It wasn't a pretty sight for someone to walk on, so I was thankful there was nobody else there.

After the tears subsided and I forgave the other two in the room for putting me through this torture, regardless of whether they wanted to or not. We had left.

Hopefully myself not returning to this place for quite a bit.

..