Chapter Eleven

I love, love, LOVE drawings of Otayuri when they're older; they are so hot!

.

.

[Yuri's POV]

A sluggish groan escapes my lips as I lift my head up and look around. I find myself tucked in the bed of the spare room in Otabek's house, though I can't recall how I got back here. I remember being the DJ in the club but I'm not sure if that was just a rad dream. I guess Otabek took care of me after closing. I'm glad we were out so late because his family must have been asleep by the time we got home, meaning they don't know I drank even though I'm underage and I have maintained their respect.

I can still hear the loud music of the club pounding in my head. I slowly get out of bed and wait a for moments for my brain to wake up before continuing my way outside. I'm lucky I didn't drink enough to have a serious hangover right now, I'm just really tired from all the dancing.

A spritely voice greets me as I walk down the stairs. "Morning Yuri!" Alina awaits me at the bottom of the steps with a big smile. "Mama and Papa have gone to work and Beka isn't awake yet. He always sleeps in, big lazy-bones!'

I can't help but smile at the cute little girl before me. "Would you like me to make breakfast?"

"You can cook?!" Alina exclaims.

"Of course." I answer.

"Where have you been all my life? Beka is hopeless at cooking! Whenever Mama has an early day at work I have to heat up dinner leftovers for the both of us." Alina rambles.

I laugh and make my way into the kitchen. As I search through the food in the fridge, I come up with an excellent idea. "How about I make you some of my grandpa's famous piroshky? It's a delicious Russian snack."

Alina gasps excitedly. "Yes please!"

I gather all of the ingredients for a basic beef and cheese piroshky, as well as a few apple and cinnamon piroshkies for a treat. Alina is so energetic, she has a lot of fun helping me cook and I have to say, I had a lot of fun too. I'm so happy I got this time to bond with her.

Alina takes a huge bite out of one of the beef piroshkies. Her eyes widen as she chews, a look of amazement on her face. She swallows her food eagerly so she can complement me,

"You're beautiful and you can cook! You would make a great wife, Yuri. I'm jealous of you." She says happily.

"A great wife you say?" I reply with a chuckle.

"Oh, I just meant that you would make a better wife than me. Don't worry; I think you would be a very handsome husband." Alina assures me.

"Well you're beautiful too and I just taught you how to cook the finest Russian cuisine, so you're as good a wife as I am." I say with a smile.

Alina's mouth stretches into a broad grin as she munches away on the rest of her piroshky.

"I like you, Yuri." She mumbles through a mouthful of food. "I hope if you do become a wife, you will be Otabek's wife. That way, you can be my big brother!"

"Hey, I could marry Otabek and still be a handsome husband." I reply, a little defensive that she would question my masculinity.

"So you would both be husbands?" Alina asks. She dangles her feet back and forth as she ponders the idea. "I guess you're right, Victor Nikiforov and Yuuri Katsuki are married aren't they? And they are both very handsome." Alina concludes.

I almost correct her that Victor and Yuuri aren't actually married yet but I don't really see the point. It's not like this conversation means anything, I'm just playing along with a little girl, and for some reason I want to preserve her belief that two husbands can be together.