Chapter Eighteen

^ My favorite screenshot of Yuri ^

This chapter brings good things so please enjoy :3

.

[Yuri's POV]

I aggressively shove on my ice skates and stuff the ends of the fluffy onzie pants into them.

Mila bites down on her fist to stop herself from laughing.

"It's only for one training session, not the whole week." Otabek comforts me, probably feeling a little guilty.

Victor comes in through the doors and whines at the sight of me. "Aw, I didn't know it was a costume training."

"It's not." Georgi sniggers.

"Yuri lost a bet with me." Otabek explains sympathetically.

Mila finally loses it, spitting out her hand in a burst of laughter.

"It doesn't matter what I'm wearing, as long as I have my knife shoes—I. Will. DESTORY. YOU!" I rage.

Yuuri Katsuki enters after Victor, flinging his arms around his fiancé.

"Oh, Yurio." He says, blinking down at me. "You look cute."

I curl my hands into tight fists and grind my teeth in anger.

Those five dim-witted words were all he had to say before turning back to Victor. Yuuri rests his forehead against Victors; he then smiles and kisses Yuuri on the nose.

My tongue falls out of my mouth in revulsion. "Bleh."

It's like they're in their own little bubble. A bubble full of cutesy bunnies and grossness. It agitates me.

"I bet you would look real cute in a lil piggy onzie." Victor says, bopping Yuuri on the nose. "Or better yet..." He adds in a seductive voice. "...nothing at all."

"V-Vitya!" Yuuri stutters, his cheeks turning red.

A shiver runs down my spine. "Ew. Ew! EW!"

I seem to have finally burst their bubble; Victor and Yuuri both turn to look at me as if I just arrived.

"Stop being all gross in public, it's disturbing." I complain.

Victor hugs Yuuri defensively like a child clinging to a doll. "We're in love!"

Yuuri giggles bashfully. "I'm sure you'll understand when you're older."

"Oh, bullshit." I snap. "I'm sick of your petty games, all that gold medal crap! Your idea of love is weird and confusing. If you're in love just freaking get married already!"

"Marriage is a lifelong partnership. Through their love, two people become one and work as a team." Victor says passionately. He then looks down on me with that smug smile of his. "You don't know a single thing about working with others."

"Two people working as one in a partnership..." I repeat, a smile creeping upon my face. "I can do that without all the lovey dovey crap and I'll prove it!" I grab Otabek around the waist and yank him beside me. "A pair skate show down! Me and Beka, verse you and the pig."

The cheeky smiles fade from Mila and Georgi's faces. They share a split-second look before staring at Victor and Yuuri intensely, anticipating their response, but the two of them stand baffled in silence.

"Hold on, Y-Yura..." Otabek says nervously.

"We accept!" Victor interrupts, clenching his fist vigorously.

The look of surprise had faded from his face, his eyes now ablaze with determination.

"I never imagined Yurio wanting to participate in a pair skate, but it should be fun." Yuuri agrees with a smile.

"Fun." I scoff. "Fun for us maybe cuz we'll win."

"Care to make it interesting?" Victor prompts with a raised brow.

Mila and Georgi shift their heads from Victor and Yuuri to me and back as they follow the conversation.

"If you're so confident you will win, then you won't mind shouting us a fancy, romantic meal for our anniversary as consequence if you lose." Yuuri says. "At the finest restaurant in the city, of course."

"Yuuri, you're perfect." Victor sighs.

"Fine." I reply.

"Wait, don't I—" Otabek starts.

"But when we win," I cut in. "You two have to get married before the season starts and I get to be a best man."

"oooOO—hoo—hoo!" Mila coos, clapping her hands in excitement.

"You...You want us to get married? As our punishment?" Yuuri says in confusion.

"The sooner you get married, the sooner you get over this disgusting honeymoon stage and act like the middle aged men you are." I retort.

Victor gasps, hurt by my comment. "Middle aged?"

"And that requires you to be best man because...?" Yuuri inquires.

"Because I'm the best." I answer shortly.

"Well it's not like the details matter," Victor shrugs. He places a hand on his hip and looks me up and down. "You clearly aren't any good at winning bets."

Both Yuuri and Georgi chuckle at this remark.

"Do you accept the challenge or not?" I snap.

Victor holds out his hand. "You have yourself a deal."

I grab his hand and shake it firmly before storming off onto the ice rink. I'm not even going to attempt jumping in this onzie, I just want to glide around and cool off.

The sound of approaching skates grows larder and soon Otabek is beside me.

"Yura, what are we going to do? Neither of us has ever done a pair skate before." He whispers in a slight tone of panic. "I wish you wouldn't be so spontaneous sometimes."

"Psh—whatever. We can beat them, we're awesome. At least I know I am." I reply.

Otabek rolls his eyes before smiling down at me. "Seems like a lot of effort just to make Nikiforov and Katsuki get married."

"I'm just proving a point that a partnership doesn't have to be as complicated as they are making it." I deny stubbornly. "I say bring it on to all their confusing couplely crap. We can work together to beat them without behaving like characters from a Korean drama."

Look at me babbling...I can't even tell Otabek that I like him. What right do I have to lecture Victor and Yuuri about love? Maybe that's why they were annoying me, I couldn't stand seeing anyone else happily in love when my romantic life is causing me such distress.

"And why do you want to be best man if you don't care about the wedding?" Otabek pries.

"I already told you, I am literally the best man!" I retaliate.

"You are so in denial!" Otabek says.

"The only benefit I get out of their marriage is the beautiful vacation I get when they go away on honeymoon." I lie.

"I think you secretly want them to be married. You're just a big softy." Otabek teases. "Literally!" He laughs, tickling the sides of my fluffy onzie.

My seriousness is broken as I immediately begin to laugh. "Ah—ha ha! Beka—stop it!"

Otabek stops tickling me to seize me in his arms and cuddle me from behind.

"Admit it you soft little kitten." He says.

"You always see past me." I sigh in defeat. "This soldier yields only to you, Otabek Altin."

I need Yuuri and Victor's love as a beacon of hope for me; Alina seems to have faith in them. If they can marry as two husbands then maybe I can win the heart of my own prince.