Chapter 1

Have you ever experienced that moment between sleep and consciousness where you question life. That moment where you don't know what is real and what isn't. Add that to the fear one feels when they wake up in an unfamiliar environment. That is everything that I felt upon opening my eyes after another night filled with Hannibal. I expected to wake up on my couch with a crick in my neck. So imagine my surprise when instead I wake up in a pastel pink room on a double bed with Abigail Hobbs shaking my shoulder. With a gasp I sit upright, only causing myself pain in the fact that the world began to spin. With a quick look at the phone on the nightstand, presumably mine given the situation, I am able to discern that I have exactly two weeks until season one episode one of Hannibal was to begin. With that I slowly get out of bed, shoo Abigail from "my" room (I still can't believe that she is in front of me) and dress for the day.

Time moves slowly over the next two weeks. I am still in awe that I am here, apparently I am Abigail's older sister visiting from college. The whole time that I have been here has been spent in constant fear. I do everything I can to avoid my "father" in fear that I will let something slip, I really don't want to die (at least not until I meet Will and Hannibal). Each day is the same; wake up, eat with the "family" (and yes I know most of it is probably human but it is actually pretty good), read in my room, take a walk in the woods behind the house with Abigail, grab lunch (sometimes I go with Abigail to drop off "dad's" lunch), draw in my room, eat dinner with the "family" and then go to sleep. I avoided them enough so that it wasn't suspicious but also so that I didn't get attached. Everything was the same until I awoke on that fateful day.