07: Hold Me

"Baby don't let me down.

Got a lot going on right now,

and I need you beside me."

Janine sat on her king sized bed with her knees pulled up against her chest, and her head laying on-top of them. She had only moved a small number of times since she'd came back from the hospital with her husband of 2 years, Devin Booker, 2 days ago. They had recently found out they lost their baby after 3 months of trying. To say she was broken was a understatement. She was torn. Torn to shreds, with the pieces unfix-able. Her husband had tried many times to get her to move around, stretch out her muscles. But those plans were dismissed as soon as he laid eyes on her. She didn't look the same. She didn't have the usual glow she possessed. It was like she was there, but not there.

Walking into their shared room, Devin's eyes instantly found Janine's body. Still in the same position she'd been in when he left for practice. Unlike Janine, Devin wasn't able to take a break from his busy work schedule. Being in the NBA, you couldn't afford to miss any practices, or games. Janine envied this. Her job wouldn't allow her to come back unless she was stable enough to keep up with their busy schedules. She also envied how on the outside he looked so put together. But you could also tell on the inside he was just as broken as her.

"Hey baby." He spoke to let his presence be known. The lights were dimmed low, so he turn them all the way on. Janine raised her head, and Devin's breath got stuck in his throat. She looked sick. Face and eyes swollen, with tear stains on her cheeks. Devin quickly rushed to her side as more tears fell. "Come on baby. Everything will be okay. It's in Gods hands now." He said, gently rubbing his hands up and down her back. He himself was trying to keep his composure, but seeing her like this only broke him down more. Janine only cried harder as the tears Devin wanted to let go, could be heard in his voice.

Laying back, Devin also pulled her along with him. Janine let him do this, while she snuggled up closer to him. "Please just hold me." She spoke for the first time in days. Devin obligated, wrapping his arms tight around her slim body. Janine didn't care that he still smelled like sweat. She just wanted to feel his arms around her.

"I love you." She said into his chest.

He responded with a kiss to her forehead and a 'I love you too'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart goes out to those parents who lose their babies. I don't know how'd I'd function.

Sorry it's so short. Please tell me how I did and if you liked this. ~ love, MacMoney 💋