Chap. 10: Needing Repair

Cross' POV:

(This is when Nightmare snapped at Ink for (Y/n) not being where he said she would.)

I quickly grabbed a hold of Nightmare before he could attack any further. "Nightmare, you need to calm down. Another rampage isn't going to solve any-"

"Let Go of Me! He's a filthy liar! He's doing this on purpose to keep us from (Y/n)! Why don't you see tha-" I slapped him across the face before he could finish, leaving him stunned.

"YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT IS WORRIED ABOUT HER! DO YOU THINK I LIKE THE THOUGHT THAT MY SISTER HAS DISAPPEARED WITHOUT A TRACE?! Besides, I highly doubt that she would appreciate coming back to hear that we were tearing each other apart! The more time we waste on arguing the less time we'll have to find her!" I shouted. Everyone was taken aback by my outburst, even Chara, but I could see that they understood the point I was making. Nightmare looked off to the side in shame, realizing that he was being selfish, thinking only of how losing (Y/n) bothered him rather than how it affected everyone.

Nightmare, without making eye-contact with anyone, had mumbled,"I know that she is very important to our entire team. I was being selfish and didn't think ahead. I'm sorry. Ink, Error, are either of you able to pinpoint where she possibly is at?"

Error huffed and decided to respond. "We'd be able to file through the AU's to look for her code signature, but it will take some time."

"This is all my fault," Ink muttered. "If I had thought things through and didn't assume the worst, none of this would've happened. I'm sorry."

Error pulled his head to his shoulder and hushed him, mumbling sweet nothings to him and calming him down. He then cleared his throat and said, "Now that our little quarrel is over, let's get down to business. Nightmare, can you sense where your soul bond with her leads or is there too great a distance between the two of you?"

Nightmare's face completely lit up the moment Error mentioned a 'soul bond'. "Um...... W-well, you see...... Uh... I-i only found out th-that we were soul mates a l-li-little bit earlier today a-and............" Nightmare stuttered, his voice becoming harder and harder to hear as his face continued to brighten.

I sighed and summed it up for the others for I could see that, Error for example, was getting impatient and irritated at his mumbled stuttering. "*sigh* To put it simply, he hasn't even told her that they're soulmates yet let alone made a bond with her."

Nightmare groaned in embarrassment as the others all said, 'Oh.' Error snickered and decided to roast him while he had the chance. "Well, I guess that explains a lot. Wow, I didn't think that the King of Nightmares and the owner of the Multiverses largest library would be this oblivious to such obvious symptoms as those to a soulmate. And you've even had her for almost a year."

A few more chuckles echoed out in the anti-void as Nightmare grumbled. Even I couldn't help a snort as Nightmare glared daggers a Error. It looked as though Nightmare was just about to retort back when his eye widened.

"(Y/n)!!" Nightmare shouted as he quickly tore open a portal and jumped threw.

"Hey wait for us!" I shouted in return, running after him with the others in tow.

Nightmare's POV:

I was just about to retort back when I felt a painful twinge in my soul and heard (Y/n) scream. "(Y/n)!" I called out, quickly tearing open a portal and jumping in to where my soul pulled. I could barely hear the muffled shouting behind me, though not enough to understand what they were saying.