Chapter 14

Owen's POV

Beaten. Tormented. Destroyed. Attacked. That's how I expected to be treated when I was taken by the rogues. Instead, I found myself embraced​, welcomed into their company. A bombard of questions was directed at me the minute I entered their hideout.

"What's your name? How old are you? How far along are you? Boy or girl? Which are you hoping for? When are you due? You're not a girl, are you? Then why are you in a dress?"

All the questions stopped me, my head swimming as I attempted to answer them. "Um... I'm Owen, and I'm eighteen. About six months along, due in the next few weeks. I'm actually a boy, yes, but it's a long story." The girl who had questioned me looked excited to hear my story, her eyes glittering.

"Felicity, give him a break. He just got here." A man's voice rang out behind me. The girl, Felicity, stood back, allowing me to get a good look at my surrounding. I gasped. It was small, but homely. Everyone seemed to care about one another. Nothing at all like the bloodthirsty rogues I've heard about my whole life. "Just because we're rogues, doesn't mean we're animals." Said Felicity, reading my mind.

I blushed, embarrassed to have judged them so quickly. This, however, made Felicity squeal, pulling me into her arms. "So cute!" The man behind me coughed, calling her out once more. Felicity smiled, finally leaving us alone. "Sorry about that," The man ran his hand through his hair, his tone apologetic. I shook my head. "No, I'm sorry for judging you by your rank. I suppose I should have done better. I'm an Omega, after all. I get judged all the time."

The man nodded, a grin appearing on his face. "Name's Rogue. Funny, right?" I smiled. "Let's get you settled in, then you can tell us why you were out in the woods in this rain."

Rogue and Felicity gave me a tour of the place, even giving me my own room to stay in. "Close to the doctor's place," Said Felicity. "Considering you said you're due pretty soon." The thought made me smile, my face warming.

It was the first time I'd been treated so well. Not even my new pack was as warm and familiar as this band of rogues. Almost everyone in the group came to visit, introductions and friendly banter ringing in my ears.

I sat in the middle of it all, answering questions until Rogue came and asked for my story. It was silent then, as everyone listened, only the occasional comment about my tale.

Once I was finished, we sat quietly as people evaluated my story, even asking to see the mating mark, as well as the scars that marred my back. No one could deny the truth when they saw the long lashes that ran across my back, or the deep bite on my neck.

"Would you like to stay here?" Asked Felicity, her usual cheery tone somber and quiet. I said nothing for a moment. Could I stay here? What would Alistair think? Is he looking for me? "You're only here because you happen to be coveniently pregnant, and easy to control!" His words ran through my mind, and I looked at Felicity. "I'd love to stay here, if you'd have me."

Alistair's POV

"What do you mean 'we have an Omega?'? Didn't you know?" My father shook his head. "No, I assumed we were without one." I was astonished by this. How could he not know?! "He's lived in the pack his whole life! Eighteen years! I thought the Alpha was supposed to know everyone who lived in the pack!"

That's when my father's eyes narrowed. "Actually, if I remember correctly, I told you to keep a roster of all the pack members, and report it to me when you were done in order to get you ready to be Alpha." I stopped.

He was right. I was supposed to keep track, to care for the pack members. All of them. And I didn't. But, I have to find him. Regardless of whether he wants me to or not.

---

Nothing. Not even a trace of Owen could be seen or found, or even smelled. He was just... Gone.

I was about to give up hope when a scout came running back to the camp. "I think we found something! Come here!" We ran, stopping at an old, hollowed out tree. Sure enough, a small piece of material hung of the bark. The same material Owen's dress was made of.

My hopes rose, my wolf purring at the though of his mate being close by. "Sir! There's something else you should see!" I moved to the other side of the tree, leaning down to examine the footprints left in the mud. An all too recognizable scent wafted up. "Rogues." Anger rose up in my chest. Did they take Owen? No. I'm not going to let them. Owen is mine.