Ch. 6

Percy

Ch. 6

The minute Percy's feet him the ground again, he stumbled forward and fell to his knees. Harry, Hermione and Ron all jumped back as he looked ready to unload the contents of his stomach. He managed to hold his last meal down, though his face was a ghostly white that would have rivaled Malfoy's.

"That..." Percy swallowed hard. "Was intense."

"Sorry dear," Mrs. Weasley frowned. "It can be a bit overwhelming your first time."

Percy slowly stood back up, wobbling a little as he got his bearings. When he looked up, his eyes widened a little as the redheads seemed to have multiplied. He figured he'd slammed his head at some point because he was seeing two of the same person standing behind an older looking man.

Suddenly feeling uncomfortable under all their questioning looks, he made an awkward wave.

"Uh, hi. I'm, uh, Percy."

"Percy?" One of the shorter redheads asked, looking equally intrigued and offended by his name.

"Hush, Percy!" Mrs. Weasley chided. "Give the boy a minute, he just travelled by floo network for the first time in his life."

She pulled out her wand and waved it in the direction of the kitchen. The faucet turned on and a glass floated underneath, filling itself then floating over to him. He took it gingerly but then gulped down the whole glass, the nausea and dizziness disappearing as soon as the water touched his lips.

Harry cleared his throat, albeit it a little awkwardly with so many people all waiting for some kind of explanation for this new arrival.

"This is my cousin, Percy Jackson." He introduced. "He's from the states and he's just found out he's a wizard."

"And he'll be staying with us until he's goes off to school." Mrs. Weasley added.

"He's a little old to just learn he's a wizard," one of the adult redheads said, not rudely, more curiously.

"Dumbledore himself came to visit Percy," Harry explained. "I guess he went unnoticed being in the states."

The older redheaded man stepped forward. He was tall, close to six feet, with thinning red hair and bright blue eyes, just like Ron and Ginny had. He wore loose fitting robes and had smile lines under his eyes, making Percy think he smiled often. He extended his hand to Percy.

"Arthur Weasley, it's a pleasure to meet you, Percy Jackson." Percy shook his hand then turned as two older looking redheads stepped forward. "And these are my two oldest boys, Charlie and Bill."

Percy shook hands with the two adult Weasley boys, pleased to find they seemed as friendly as their parents.

Next up came a shorter redhead, his hair was curly and he stood with perfect posture. Too perfect actually, it seemed he was trying to make himself look tall, which just kind of looked weird. His face looked like it was going for a regal expression, though it came off more annoying than anything.

"And this is my son, Percy."

"Another Percy?" Percy grinned at the Weasley boy, "never met a Percy I didn't like." He extended his hand and the Weasley Percy took it, though it made Percy want to pull away when his hand felt like a wet noodle in his.

"Yes, very nice to meet you, Mr. Jackson." Percy Weasley said politely.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Weasley." Percy said awkwardly but the redheaded Percy seemed to be quite pleased by the proper name.