Chapter 16

Isabella's POV:

I followed Harry off of the ship and onto the deck, letting him lead me into town as I saw the crew disperse around us. Tilting my head to the side in confusion, I turn to Harry with a frown.

"Harry, where are they going?" I ask and he chuckles. "We always do this. They go have fun for the night and then we all meet up before we leave tomorrow. If they don't show up, they get left behind." he says simply and I nod my head, stunned by his blunt response.

"Where are we going?" I ask a little shyly and he gives me a grin. "My surprise." he tells me with a wink, making me groan as he tugs me by the hand through the town, walking past countless shops and people.

As we walked, I couldn't help but sneak looks around this shady town. There were people glaring at Harry and I as we walked as if they were plotting out our murders as we go by. The thought alone makes me shiver.

Harry leads me to this inn and opens the doors, leading me inside the fancy establishment. "Stay here, don't talk to anyone." he whispers in my ear before letting my hand go, walking up to the front desk and talking to the lady there.

I look around, noting the size of this place as well as the quality of the place. It seemed very nice, much nicer than I would've expected out of this town.

I'm snapped out of my gazing when Harry taps my shoulder, making me jump slightly. He chuckles at me before holding his hand out to me with a smirk. "You ready?" he asks and I raise one of my eyebrows curiously.

"For what?" I ask and his smirk gets bigger. "Like I said, my surprise." he tells me secretively and I scowl, taking his hand as he walks out of the inn.

"Why did you go in there?" I ask him and he shrugs. "To make sure you and I had a place to sleep tonight, I didn't want us to have to sleep anywhere nasty." he tells me and I smile at his thoughtfulness.

"Well, thank you." I say to him and he smiles at me, leading me down the streets into a very sketchy looking bar.

"I have something to do, but you can be of help." he says and I roll my eyes as he leads me to a table, sitting down and pulling out a parchment from his pocket. "Where did you get that?" I ask him and he winks at me.

"It's called being prepared, love. Get used to it." he jokes and I huff at him. "So, what is this surprise? What are you doing here? And why do you have that paper?" I ask him, not being able to contain my curiosity towards this new situation.

Harry groans at my questions, shaking his head at me before releasing a sigh. "The surprise is yet to come, Bella. I'm here to do some recruiting, I don't have enough men, that's also the reason why I have the paper." he says and my mouth drops open in understanding.

"Oh." I say and he chuckles, a smirk coming onto his lips.

"We may not get the best people here, but they'll do until we get to a more suitable port. Which won't be for another three weeks or so." he tells me and my eyes nearly bulge out of my head. After this, we are stuck out at sea for three whole weeks??

"Wow." I say and he smirks. "Not used to that, princess?" he teases and I glare at him. "It's perfectly fine with me." I say stubbornly and he just laughs at me.

I sit down in a chair next to him, watching as he places the parchment out in front of him and watching that slowly, people had begun to recognize what Harry had laid out on the table, some men lining up in front of us.

"You're needing crew?" a man asks Harry, probably in his mid-thirties with dirty clothes and matted hair. He wasn't the least bit pleasant, but like Harry said, they weren't going to be the best.