Chapter 32

Isabella's POV:

Just as Jack's sword came down at my head, I grit my teeth together, thrusting my sword up in front of me, Jack's blade clashing once again with mine.

His eyes widen in shock as I kick him in the shins, making him stumble backwards. I get to my feet, a determined expression on my face as I held my sword in one hand, clenching my other fist angrily.

"If you think you can win a fight against me that easily, you're a bigger idiot than I thought." I spit, glaring at Jack as he regains his footing, a glare on his face. He begins to chuckle before giving me a creepy stare.

"If you were taken out that easily I would've been disappointed. It wouldn't have been much fun." He says and I huff. Jack straightens back up, shaking his leg slightly from where I kicked him before he lets out a relaxed sigh, pointing his sword at me again.

"Shall we continue then, Miss Bella?" he asks teasingly and I glare at him, gripping my sword tightly in my hand. This guy is really getting on my nerves now.

Jack lunges at me and I parry his blow, knocking his sword to the side and try to thrust my sword into his stomach, but he brings his other arm down and elbows my arm, making me wince and take it back.

I held my arm as Jack stares at me, a wicked grin on his face. "This is just so much fun, don't you think?" he says with a cackle before lunging at me again, but I drop down to my knees, making him fall over me, and I throw my hands up, catching Jack right in the stomach before flipping him over me, letting him roll on the ground.

Maybe those self defense classes Father always made me take did come in handy. Hmm.

"Wow, that was a pretty tricky move. How lovely." Jack says menacingly as he stands back up, facing me with a dark look. I was back on my feet again, holding my sword in front of me with one hand while my other hand was just clenched into a fist angrily.

"If you thought I was going to play nice with a dirty pirate, you're wrong." I snap and he just grins at me, looking me up and down. "I can see why Harry would keep you now." he says and I shake my head, confused at the change of topic.

"What does Harry have to do with any of this?" I ask and I see Jack's eyes light up with an idea, making him chuckle at me again. "Oh my, this is going to be great." Jack says and I begin to fear this plan of his, but I didn't know what to do.

"Shut up already!" I shout, charging him and swinging my blade at him, forcing him to pull up his sword to block me. He glares at me and I return it, tired of his games. "Face me like a man, stop thinking of another way out!" I shout at him and he laughs, bringing his foot up and nailing me in the stomach, sending me stumbling backwards.

I lose my footing and fall, but I manage to stay on my knees as I see Jack coming closer to me. "Face you like a man? Don't make me laugh. I could do this with my eyes closed and still kill you." Jack teases me and swings his sword around in a taunting manner.

"You see, I just wanted some entertainment for this raid. And I knew you were going to be perfect. It's rare that we see a woman on a ship, especially one like you." Jack continues on and my eyes widen. "Why do you choose me to fight? I'm not the best fighter." I say and Jack just shrugs his shoulders.

"It's entertaining to see a woman struggle worthlessly while she knows she's going to die. It's fun." he says and anger flows through me. I stand back up on my feet, glaring at Jack while he stares at me with a cocky grin.

"You're a bastard." I growl and he rolls his eyes. "Name calling won't get you anywhere, sweetheart. Try something a little more effective." he says and I begin to walk up to him, watching as he gets in a fighting stance.