The Confession

~|*|💚|*|~

Undyne's earfins drooped in concern as she watched Alphys tremble, with her eyes wider than Undyne could have thought possible. The little lizard put her claws to her mouth, and tears began to roll down her scaly face.

'Don't cry..' Undyne hesitantly crawled to Alphys until she was a mere inch away, giving her a goopy hug. Undyne pat her sweet friend's back and tried to make small "shh" sounds as best as she could manage.

"Undyne.." she heard Alphys rasp out. Undyne suddenly didn't care what the human was doing anymore. All she had ever wanted to do, the reason why she was still alive now, was for this precious monster.

"Not you..... I should have done something. I'm so s-s-sorry." Alphys whispered, wrapping her arms around Undyne to return the hug. "Not you.. N-not you.."

Undyne let go of Alphys, looking into Alphys eyes, past the rivers of tears that flowed. 'I thought I'd never get to do this when I began melting..' Before long, Undyne had her own streams of tears trickling down her deformed face. 'I need to tell her. I don't want her to cry.'

"I'm s-sorry, Undyne..!"

"This isn't your fa..u..l..t.." Undyne finally spoke, frustrated with how terrible her voice sounded. Alphys wiped her tears to stare at Undyne with a baffled look. The melted monster managed to form a smile. She was staring at her most heavenly dream.

"Alphys, I... sho..uld be... the sorry... one.. I should h..av..e... told... you before.." It was incredibly hard to form her noises into words with her condition, but Undyne knew Alphys had to hear this.

"Told me what? Did you know... th-this would happen?"

"I... was... afraid somet..hing like t..his would.."

"I'm sorry.."

'Tell her now. No more holding back! Tell her!' Undyne demanded herself. "Please... don't be.. I know you can... h..e..lp me..."

"I-"

Undyne cut her off. She needed to say this. Maybe it could help Alphys. Undyne knew.. something was wrong with the little monster, since she met her at that waterfall, in deep thought about the abyss. Undyne was a hero, and a hero's job was to save and protect people, even from themselves.

"I lov..e... you, Alphys.."

Undyne whispered, feeling her goopy cheeks turn pink. Her smile was genuine, and her black eyes shimmered with love for the monster in front of her.

Alphys's eyes widened, and she seemed breathless, putting her claws on her head as she seemed to search for a good response.

"I lov..e... you.." Undyne repeated, gently reaching out and holding Alphys's hands. She didn't seem bothered by the melting hand.

"I love you t-too, U-Undyne."

Undyne smiled wider, and her earfins fluttered with joy. This ugly form would be tolerable as long as Alphys is here to help. Not with her knowledge of science or anything, but with her love, and Undyne's.

The amalgamate's heart soared as she saw a smile cut through the tears on Alphys's face. 'I finally did it. I told her.' Alphys weeped and gave Undyne another hug, this time tighter. Undyne watched as some of her mess of a body oozed over Alphys's arm. "You... don't care... about all this slime..?" Undyne asked.

Alphys chuckled slightly, sniffling to speak clearly. "Believe me, U-Undyne. I'm used to it." Undyne's smile remained, and when Alphys let go she saw that the Royal Scientist still held her smile as well. The new couple's joy filled the room.

"C-c-come inside. I'm sure you had a difficult.. walk. W-we can watch a-anime t-to help you relax if..?" Undyne nodded slowly to cancel out Alphys's worries, dragging herself past Alphys and into the lab.

It didn't seem like much of a struggle now, nothing was. LOVE is powerful, it had nearly marked Undyne's end. But love is far more powerful, immune to anything, and even giving the power to cheat death itself.

"I'd like that, Alphys.." Undyne replied softly. Alphys smiled warmly at her love, letting the last of her tears fall before rushing to the monitor, changing the camera feed to a good episode of Undyne's favorite anime. She weakly pulled out a couch from.. seemingly out of nowhere? Maybe love did that too.

The two sat down on the couch together, closer than ever before. Undyne didn't need to worry anymore. She was in Alphys's hands, and she'd be okay. And by the smile on Alphys's face as she leaned on Undyne's goopy shoulder, she would be perfectly fine as well.

Love was too strong to split them apart now.

The End

~|*|~|*|💛💚|*|~|*|~