10

A blue, forties-looking, car drove up beside the van. Steve got out, followed by Sam and Bucky. I hopped out of the van and ran towards my brother. He met me halfway, kneeling down to hug me. There were tears in my eyes. Sam watched us, before going to stand beside Steve.

"You alright, kiddo?" Bucky asked, looking me over, checking for injury.

"I'm fine, Buck," I answered. "Just a little shaken up. What happened?"

In hushed tones, Bucky told me about being controlled again. I gave him a big hug, knowing I couldn't say anything that would make him feel better. I just wanted the two of us to be safe again. Like we were before he joined the army. But that was seventy-something years ago.

"Cap," I heard Clint greeting Steve.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve told him.

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favor," Clint said. "Besides, I owe a debt." He looked to Wanda.

"It was time to get off my ***," Wanda admitted.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve questioned.

"He's rarin' to go," Clint said, going to open the door of the van. "Had to put a little coffee in him, but he should be good."

The van door slamming open woke up Scott, who looked quite startled.

"What time zone is this?" he asked. Then, looking at Steve, he began shaking the captain's hand. "Captain America! It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome!"

Bucky and I shared a look, and I giggled at his somewhat concerned expression.

Scott looked at Wanda. "I know you, too. You're great!" He looked back at Steve. "Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so thanks for thinking of me." He looked at Sam. "Hey, man!"

"What's up, Tic Tac," Sam said, sounding unamused.

"Uh, look," Scott continued. "What happened last time..."

"It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again," Sam laughed.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked Scott.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" Scott asked. Bucky gave him a look, and I face-palmed.

"We're outside the law on this one," Steve explained. "So if you come with us, you're a wanted man."

"Yeah, well, what else is new," Scott said.

"We should get moving," Bucky announced.

"We got a chopper lined up," Clint told us.

Suddenly, a man was speaking over the PA system.

"They're evacuating the airport," Bucky translated.

"Stark," Steve stated. "Suit up."

The next few minutes consisted of Wanda and I changing in the back of the van, and all the guys on the other side of Steve's blue car. (Ree's 'suit' in media, with white, fingertip-less gloves)

Once everyone was ready, Steve made a run for the chopper. As expected, he was stopped by Stark and Rhodey.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve said. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

A man in a black cat suit jumped from out of nowhere. "Captain," he greeted.

"Your Highness," Steve answered.

"Who is that?" I whispered to Sam, who was next to me.

"King T'Challa, of Wakanda," Sam answered. "He likes cats."

"Also, he kinda hates me," Bucky said from my other side.

"Does anyone here not hate you?" I joked.

"You," he replied, cracking a half-smile.

"Anyway," Stark was saying to Steve. "Ross gave me thirty-two hours to bring you in. That was twenty-four hours ago. Care to help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve countered.

"Your judgement is askew," Stark retorted. "Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Steve said. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

I took Bucky's hand, giving a tight squeeze. He didn't look at me, but returned the gesture.

"Steve," Natasha said, also coming out of hiding. "You know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

"All right, I've run out of patience," Stark decided. "Underoos!"

A guy in red and blue flipped out, using what looked like spider webbing to take Steve's shield.

"Nice job, kid," Stark complimented.

"Thanks," the guy replied. "I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just, new suit. Wait- it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's perfect. Thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation," Stark told him, sounding a little annoyed.

"Ok," the guy said. Looking at Steve, he saluted, saying, "Cap. Captain. Big fan. I'm Spiderman."

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later," Stark groaned. "Just-"

"Hey everyone," Spiderman said.

"Good job," Stark finished.

"You've been busy," Steve stated.

"And you've been a complete idiot," Stark remarked. "Dragging in Clint. Rescuing Wanda and Ree from a place they don't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

"You did that when you signed," Steve said.

"All right, we're done," Stark announced. "You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite. Come on."

"We found it " Sam said over the comm. He had been controlling Redwing the entire time. "Their Quinjet's in hanger five, north runway."

Steve held up his web-bound wrists, and Clint shot an arrow through it, freeing him.

"All right, Lang," Steve said, signaling Scott, who was tiny and hanging on to Steve's shield.

"Hey guys, something-"

Spiderman was cut off by Ant-Man enlarging and kicking him in the face.

"I believe this is your's, Captain America," Scott said, handing the shield to Steve.

Stark and Rhodey began calling out our positions.

"Alright, there's two on the parking deck," Stark said. "One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her. Rhodey, you wanna take Cap?"

"Got three in the terminal. Wilson, Barnes, and Maureen," Rhodey called.

"Barnes is mine," T'Challa yelled.