11

I ran after Sam and my brother, not entirely sure where we were going. I felt nauseous, about to enter my first fight with super-powered people.

Then, next to us, Spiderman jumped on the window, seeming to stick to it.

"What the h*ll is that?" Bucky asked.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now," Sam muttered.

Spiderman broke through the glass and kicked Sam to the side. Bucky turned around and swung at him, but Spiderman caught his fist. The metal fist.

"You have a metal arm?" Spiderman asked. He sounded about my age. "That is awesome, dude."

Seeing that Bucky was hesitant to fight a kid, I ran up and tackled Spiderman, taking him by surprise. As we wrestled on the ground, he shouted at me as if he was arresting me.

"You have the right to remain silent!" he yelled.

He swung out of my grasp and into the rafters overhead. Little did he know, these claws make climbing easier. I followed him, and so did Sam, flying up beside us, shooting at the costumed boy. Spiderman jumped to another rafter, before my brother threw something large and heavy at him.

"Hey buddy, I think you lost this!" he said, throwing it back.

Sam kicked Spiderman from the rafters, but the boy swung away again, webbing Sam's wings closed.

"Sam!" I cried as he went crashing to the ground.

"I'm good," he said, getting up. Only to have his hand webbed to the railing.

"Those wings carbon fiber?" Spiderman asked.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" Sam retorted.

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which, I gotta say-"

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before, but there's usually not this much talking," Sam interrupted.

I threw a large piece of broken pipeline at Spiderman, but he dogged, and it hit Bucky, who had jumped in front of Sam at the last second. They both went crashing to the ground, where Spiderman webbed them to the floor. I covered my mouth with my hands in shock.

"You're not supposed to hit us, Ree!" my brother yelled from the floor below.

"Sorry, Bucky!" I exclaimed. "Won't happen again!"

I ran forward and tackled Spiderman again, sending the two of us crashing to the floor as well. Pinning him to the floor, I barred my sharp canines at him, and raised my claws. He grabbed my wrists. He was stronger than me.

"You're like a cat," Spiderman said. "We have a cat-guy, too! He doesn't talk much..."

"Nice to know," I muttered, kneeing him in the crotch. He let go of me immediately, and I ducked away as Sam sent Redwing to catch Spiderman and drag him screaming out the window.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Bucky asked Sam.

"I hate you," Sam muttered.

"Yeah, yeah, lots of love," I said, going over to the trapped men. I used my claws to tear through the webbing.

"Yay," Bucky cheered sarcastically. "I'm free."

"We wouldn't have been caught if she hadn't hit us in the first place," Sam snorted.

Frowning, I smacked both of their heads. "We have other things to worry about," I said. "Like not getting killed, or arrested."

"We need to work on your priorities," Bucky smirked.