The Ending: The Verb 'Love'

Although Sora told me to confess to Sasuke, I procrastinated.

We just started talking to each other recently, and we were only just starting to become closer (at least, in my opinion). I didn't want to risk anything, especially when it came to someone as passive as Sasuke.

I tried to convince myself that I was happy being where I was with Sasuke.

"It's so boring!" I complained to the twins one day.

It was a few days after Sora's confrontation with me, and Team Eleven was given patrol duty for the day.

Sora rolled her eyes, adjusting her vest. "This is easy money, stupid girl."

I gasp in mock horror as we patrolled near the front gates. "Easy money? The ANBU changed you, Kitsune princess!"

She was about to retort when a nin suddenly appeared, jumping past the Konoha gates. The nin took out a kunai and the civilians around us started screaming.

"Stop!" I shouted, running towards the nin, my hand glowing golden.

Before I could drain him, he turned, his eyes shining with glee. In a blink of an eye, he was before me, and jabbed at my arms. He took a step back.

I formed my hand seals, waiting for my water prison to appear. A moment passed and when no chakra surged to my hands, I stared at the nin in shock.

The twins, with clones of the nin near them, also lifted their hands, staring at them in a similar state of shock.

"What did you do to our chakra?!" I demanded.

The nin and his clones chuckled. "I know you three! Without chakra, most of your powerful attacks are useless!"

Sekken and Sora scoffed, whipping out their respective weapons before facing his clones. I glared at the nin in front of me, but before I could take out my kunai, he wretched my arms behind my back.

"I can summon more clones," he sneered. "And then they'll attack the civilians."

"You wouldn't!" I yelled.

"Yes, I wouldn't do that... if you come with me, niece of the Sixth Hokage."

My mouth fell open. "You want to use me to threaten my Uncle?!"

I shifted my legs, trying to twist and use my feet to attack the nin. The nin, reacting quickly, twisted to the side and avoided my attack. Then he kicked at the back of my knees, causing me to cry out before I was forced to kneel on the ground before him.

"Mika!" the twins cried.

The nin pressed a kunai to my throat. "One step closer and I'll slit her thro-"