Resuscitate [3]

She ran to the beach as she stepped out of the resort, sitting by the shore and taking off her shoes to bury her toes in the sand. She looked up to the skies, tears falling down the side of her face as the images of Eric and Eve forced their way into her head once again.

“The best friend and the boyfriend. Tsk. So fucking cliché.” She chuckled albeit angry tears rolling down her cheeks.

She gathered wet white sand into her hands and threw it into the water forcefully. “Ang kapal ng mukha nyo! Mga traydor! How could you do this to me? How?!” She half-whispered, half-growled as she hugged her knees close to her chest as the early morning breeze danced through her hair.

They were the two people trusted the most outside of her own family and now that she discovered their affair, how could she ever trust anyone ever again?  How long have they been having an affair anyway? How did she not suspect anything before?  She knew no one could answer her.  She couldn’t even wrap her head around how Eve could throw away twelve years of their friendship and have the heart to betray her.

She screamed in fury once again until her voice was hoarse and her tears stung her eyes.  Thankfully, her part of the beach was still deserted except for a dog walking along the shore. She took comfort that no one else was witnessing how her heart was breaking into pieces and her life turned upside down in a blink of an eye.  Looking at her watch, she realized that she has been crying for the past two hours.  Eric and Eve might have already been looking for her (if they ever remember that she still existed) so she took a deep breath and checked on her phone from her shorts pocket.

Six missed calls from Eric four from Eve.  Four messages from her boyfriend and another from her so-called best friend.

She huffed and rolled her eyes as she looked at their names on her phone.  “Tapos na ba kayong magparaos? Naalala nyo ko bigla ah.”  She muttered incredulously.

“Hon, where are you?  Breakfast?  Eve’s looking for you din. Love you.” read his text.  She took deep breaths to calm herself as anger started brewing in her chest again before texting Eric back.  She needed to make sure they wouldn’t get a clue until she was ready.

“You love me? Gago!”  She whispered, her jaw clenched, almost throwing her phone into the ocean.

“Sorry, Hon.  I found a cave sa dulo nung beach.  I checked it out lang.  On my way back.  See you.  Love you too.” She typed.  She cringed as she typed in that last bit.

She felt disgusted the moment she entered their hotel room and Eric wrapped his arms around her.  She almost gagged when he kissed her full on the lips before taking a shower.  Her hand balled into fists, her nails digging into her palms, almost drawing blood, when Eve came bounding into their room cheerfully, as if nothing happened, telling her how she felt a little better now after her breakup because Maine was there for her.
You should be. Eric f*cked you real good this morning.  Ugh, you make me sick.  She thought.  If her thoughts could kill, both of them would have already dropped dead.

She smiled through it all, acting as if everything was normal until Maine saw how tension suddenly filled the room when Eric stepped out of the shower with just a towel wrapped around his waist.  She saw the lust in Eve’s eyes as she brazenly looked him over from head to toe, stopping just for a split second on his prominent hardness, even having the audacity to blush.  They even engaged in a “friendly” banter as he walked around the room in just his jeans.

Maine couldn’t take it anymore.  How she didn’t notice this before, she'd never know but she sure as hell won't stand there watching.  Ganon siguro ako katanga, no?  Tangina.

She had to get out of there, get away from them or she would lose it.  “Uhm, Hon?  I’ll spend the rest of the day at the spa, ok lang?  Eve, you wanna come with me?”  She announced, effectively reminding the traitors of her presence.

“Pass muna, dear.  I’m gonna sleep this hangover off.  Medyo nahihilo pa ko.”  Eve reasoned out, massaging her temple.

Yeah, right.

Maine saw how Eric’s eyes lit up when she told him she wouldn’t be back till dinner.  He smiled and did not even try to convince her to spend the day with him instead.

“You go, Hon.  I know you’ve been having back to back long hauled flights the past two weeks.  You deserve to relax.  I’ll see you at dinner, ok?”  He reminded before kissing her in front of Eve.

It took all her strength not to wipe her mouth with her hands. It crushed her knowing that her absence would only give them more time to spend together but she needed the time so she could execute the plan she had in mind.

©📷 mainedcm