Chapter 4- The Arena

• Dedicated to Abby

60, 59, 58... I spot a bow. Perfect. I'm going into the bloodbath for sure. No one tells me not to. The Careers aren't up to shape at all. 3,2,1 Go! I run into the Cornucopia, picking up the bow and arrows. I find food, knives, and packs. This is good. A knive whizzes past my head. It's the girl from District 2. I shoot a arrow at her, but not before taunting her. She dies with a face of agony. From what? Hard to say. But, she feels different. I don't have anything against her. Against others, I did. This isn't right. Bodies fall everywhere, defeated. But, I'm still standing. I spot Peeta running into the woods. I'm distracted and the boy from District 7 sees his chance. He pins me against the back of the Cornucopia. 

"Make it fast," I plead. 

"No way," the boy says. He has a grin on his face. "I'm going to make it slow and painful. Brutus, the one who conquered Katniss Everdeen," he says, as if he wants to rub it in. He opens his pack, and pulls out a hammer. 

"No, stop, I plead.

"Shut up," he says, leisurely shoving a gag in my mouth. "Where do we start?" he asks. I frantically look for anyone. There's no one. Just him, and me. "How about tying you up to die as I hammer?" he taunts. He pulls out a rope, cuffs, and a blindfold. Brutus looks around. "Too bad there isn't anyone to watch. The death of Katniss Everdeen."