EIGHTEEN

They say love is pain, well darling let's hurt tonight

I placed my head on the table as I waited for the blonde-haired girl sitting beside me to finish her corrections. It wasn't like I was impatient but I was just really tired since I stayed up late with Samuel and it was also my first day back after spending close to a month in Australia. When my mind processed the blonde pin-straight hair pulled back into a ponytail, my eyes narrowed and I leaned back on the chair to scrutinize her hair fully.

"You dyed your hair again?"

If this love is pain, well darling let's hurt, oh tonight

Without looking up at me, she nodded her head and continued to search through her periodic table for the answers.

Nodding my head, I placed my head back on the table but placed my cheek against it instead of my forehead this time. It was pointless because she never liked to talk about it but I was just hoping if I kept my eyes on her long enough, she would elaborate further why she dyed her hair again.

So, you hit the lights and I'll lock the doors

Although I never liked to invade my student's personal life since I respected their privacy and because I felt that we should always maintain a professional relationship between us. There was just something about Naomi – previously a brunette with green highlights but apparently is a blonde now – that made me break my own rules. There was just something about her that even as of today, I never understood.

I still remembered the day she approached me in her neatly ironed uniform with a bar of milk chocolate and her test paper that had a giant red 'F' circled on the top right. She had approached me because she needed help with her studies just like everyone else, but subsequently as our sessions continued, it felt like I've finally gained a friend even though we never really talked much in school.

"I give up." Putting her pencil down on the table, she rubbed her face before she reached over the table and paused the Spotify playlist that had been playing for the past hour. "What am I not getting?"

It was the way she looked like she was about to poke her eyes out with the mechanical pencil she roughly threw on the table just seconds before that tugged at my heart. It was the way that I just knew, if she was a cartoon she would have a giant sweat drop on the side of her head at how exasperated she is. It was the way her eye twitched at the question I circled with a red pen that made the laughter burst out of me.

"I can't do this anymore. I can't, I – I just can't. It's impossible to do and it's so pointless. Why do I even need this module?" Flipping the papers over, he threw the pencil on the table roughly before slamming his head on the table.

Half appalled and half amused by his over dramatic actions, I pulled his head up from the table and inspected for any damages on his forehead. But I guess a perk of being a werewolf was that you could slam your head on the table as much as you want without injuring yourself. Once I was sure he hadn't injured himself during his tantrum, I placed the paper and pencil neatly on the table again for the umpteenth time today.

"Samuel. This is the exact same question I gave you three days ago. The same question you got full marks for when I said that if you get full marks for it, I'll give you a kiss on the cheek." Leaning back on the chair, I gave him a disapproving look and crossed my arms over my chest as he shot me a sheepish grin.

"Try again. You know this question, you even told me it was easy." Picking up the pencil, I shoved it into his hands as I shot him another glare. "You can't just decide to do well when there's incentives involved, Samuel. What's going to happen when I'm gone?"