Entry 1: The Fear Filled Breakfast

Waking up murderers in the morning was a death wish. So why, you thought as you drowsily walked towards the elevator, were you the one put to the task?

Probably, you answered yourself, because you were the new one. "Fresh meat". Perhaps Lovey, the manager, thought they'd all be more gentle with you. More considerate. They wouldn't lunge at your throat for simply waking them up. You didn't see it this way, not at all.

Ever since you took your first step into the Mostly Ghostly Hotel, you found yourself constantly asking why you came in the first place. Sure, the rent was cheap, the manager was nice, and you had heard that all the residents were quite friendly. It seemed idiotic to not move in, this place seemed perfect.

You quickly discovered, however, that it was not. Slashers, monsters, and murders were not on your list of "friendly people". When you first walked into the hotel, you found yourself racing back out. All because you accidentally ran into a man in mask with freshly dried blood on him. You still weren't sure who it had been, you were far too scared to pay attention. After that you swore to never come back, not even for the left behind luggage.. However Lovey somehow coaxed you to return, promising that it wouldn't be as bad as you thought. (She also explained that she needed another sane person around the hotel, and that she prefered if you called her LBM). For whatever reason you listened, and you moved in. It figures that you'd somehow end up in this position, you moaned, it's what you get for sticking around. BApparently the hotel was short on staff.

There weren't that many residents who lived in the hotel. LBM explained that everyone typically stayed there based on their schedule. At most you had caught about ten people, not including yourself, staying in the hotel at once. You, however, had tried your best to avoid all neighbors at all costs, so perhaps it wasn't right for you to judge when you hadn't even met everyone. The only one who you'd really allow to see you had been Hannibal Lecter, which was a complete accident. Still, the hotel always seemed awfully desolate and deserted, but that didn't make the excuse "we're short on staff members" any better.

The elevator finally reached the resident's floor, as the metal doors slid open. You stood for a few moments, trying to think of a way to wake everyone up without angering anyone. You came to no real logical conclusion, and instead decided to simply rip the bandaid off.

You took a deep breath and mustered up your courage, stepping out onto the carpet. Silently you hoped this wouldn't kill you.

"EVERYONE WAKE UP" you screamed at the top of your lungs, running down the hall, "BREAKFAST IS READY."

You tried to bang on as many doors as you could as you rounded the corner back towards the elevator. You could make out grumbles from a couple of the rooms, and could practically hear someone falling out of their bed when you ran by. Eventually the faint groans turned to growls, as doors began unlocking.

But before anyone could get to you, the elevator doors propped open and down you went.

You took a breath. You survived. Let's see how long that could last.

Back down in the lobby, you made your ways towards the kitchen, constantly looking over your shoulder for an angry mob of killers. Perhaps that was a stupid idea to go yell at everyone, you mused, but LBM had said she wanted everyone up for breakfast.

You flew open the dining room doors, still a bit amazed at how large the area seemed to you. Slamming them behind you, you grabbed your head and gently rocked yourself back and forth. You were savoring the last bit of alone time you had before you'd be surrounded by killers.

"I don't get why I stay," you hung your head as you muttered it, "LBM would be the only one to miss me, but she'd get along. No one else knows I exist! It's been three months whatever reason I'm still scared. Why do I stay? Why not just leave?"